• Where is patch 4.2.5?

Checked the Member's Area and all I see is:

Security Patch: 4.2.3 Suite PL2
    Security Patch: 4.2.3 Forum PL2
    Security Patch: 4.2.2 Suite PL6
    Security Patch: 4.2.2 Forum PL6

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

OK, I just realized I need to download the complete new version.

Comment

Yes, 4.2.5 is not a patch, it is a full upgrade.

Patches simply patch an issue on an existing version, so a 4.2.3 installation can be patched to 4.2.3 PL2 but a 4.2.2 installation would need to carry out a full upgrade to 4.2.3 - patches cannot be used to move between versions.
      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.4.2 Demo - FEATURING "ROUTE BY NODE"!
      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
        Yes, 4.2.5 is not a patch, it is a full upgrade.

Patches simply patch an issue on an existing version, so a 4.2.3 installation can be patched to 4.2.3 PL2 but a 4.2.2 installation would need to carry out a full upgrade to 4.2.3 - patches cannot be used to move between versions.
        Mark, when we had VB do a full upgrade for us last May, the VB tech said "I'll get back in touch when the final version is released and upgrade your site to that version (if there's been any changes)."

Today when I log into the Admin dashboard it says at the top "Admin Control Panel (vBulletin 4.2.5)". How can I tell if my version is still the "Release Candidate" or if it is the Final Version?

David

DAVID COPELAND
        Licensed VB Holder Since 2000
        Celebrating 18 Years with VB

Comment

Originally posted by David Copeland View Post

Mark, when we had VB do a full upgrade for us last May, the VB tech said "I'll get back in touch when the final version is released and upgrade your site to that version (if there's been any changes)."

Today when I log into the Admin dashboard it says at the top "Admin Control Panel (vBulletin 4.2.5)". How can I tell if my version is still the "Release Candidate" or if it is the Final Version?

David
          The front page would have "Release Candidate" and then a number, showing after the version number.
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.4.2 Demo - FEATURING "ROUTE BY NODE"!
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Working...
          X