X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fwulfers
    • Jul 2010
    • 4.2.x

Clean install of vB 4.2.5 and import database data of existing vB4 install

Our site is 7 years old and many plugins and themes were installed and removed through the years. With most uninstalls, the files are left on the server, some other files had to be modified and were never changed back and a lot of old database tables in use by those plugins are still in the database. And other vB tables may have had new fields added or other table updates.

I would like to do a fresh install of the vB4 files with a new database, install the one theme we currently use and a few other plugins. How would I go about importing data from the current database without importing any unused data and tables from those old plugins? I could compare the current database tables with the new default install but just deleting old tables may cause issues to the existing tables.

Any other issues to look out for?
    SaabWorld
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You would have to use ImpEx to do something like this. It will probably be more hassle than it is worth because every URL on your site can change.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...