• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul M
    Former Lead Developer
    vB.Com & vB.Org
    • Sep 2004

Do you have the blogs disabled ?

You will need to re-enable them for it to run.

I suspect that may be the reason it was failing before as well (even though that code is also wrong).

I couldnt see how that mistake was failing like your original report, but if you have the blogs disabled, it makes a little more sense.
    Last edited by Paul M; Tue 13 Jun '17, 3:11pm.
    Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• fwulfers
      • Jul 2010
      • 4.2.x

Paul, you were correct about the blogs being disabled. I ran the upgrade again with the blogs enabled and it finished without any issues. I imagine those upgrade scripts are quite complicated and you can't account for everything that may go wrong.

Thanks everybody for your quick assistance with this problem.
      SaabWorld

Comment

• Paul M
        Former Lead Developer
        vB.Com & vB.Org
        • Sep 2004

The Blogs (& CMS) were never intended to be disabled in that manner, so its not a surprise that doing so creates issues.

If you dont want to use either one of them then you should just disable access to them in usergroup permissions.

Of course, if you dont use both then you should just install the forum only version.
        Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• Ordovicium
          • Nov 2001
          • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Paul M
          Do you have the blogs disabled ?

You will need to re-enable them for it to run.

I suspect that may be the reason it was failing before as well (even though that code is also wrong).

I couldnt see how that mistake was failing like your original report, but if you have the blogs disabled, it makes a little more sense.
          Thank you very much Paul M. You saved me. I activated the Blog within my Product Overview and ran smooth.
          Sorry for my English
          Let'z talk German

Comment