Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Register.php does not work after upgrade to 4.2.5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Register.php does not work after upgrade to 4.2.5

    Hello everyone
    After updating my forum from 4.2.4 to 4.2.5, register.php gives me a white page. i disable the plugin/hook system completely But nothing has changed.
    I checked my mail, the server did not send an error

    Here are the characteristics of my server if it can help you

    Thank you in advance, I count on your help
    Type de serveur Linux
    Serveur Web Apache v2.4.10
    PHP 5.6.17-0+deb8u1
    Taille maximale d'envoi PHP 8.00 Mo
    Taille maximale d'un fichier importé via PHP 2.00 Mo
    Limite de la mémoire PHP 128.00 Mo
    Version MySQL 5.5.47-0+deb8u1
    Taille maximale des paquets MySQL 16.00 Mo

  • #2
    Hi
    I had exactly the same issue a few days ago.
    I download the vbulletin files from the members area again and then uploaded them all to the server once more.
    It then worked.
    Regards
    Trevor

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Trevor Matthews View Post
      Hi
      I had exactly the same issue a few days ago.
      I download the vbulletin files from the members area again and then uploaded them all to the server once more.
      It then worked.
      Thanks for your advice Trevor , I will re-upload the files and I will see
      thanks again

      Comment


      • #4
        Hello

        I have re-uploaded all the files and I always have a white page by going to register.php
        A help please

        Comment


        • #5
          vBulletin 4.2.5 requires PHP 5.6.0+ and MySQL 5.5.8+.

          I would try upgrading your MySQL to at least the stated minimum version.

          edit: Nevermind...I misread your stated MySQL version.

          What do your error logs say?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MarkFL View Post
            vBulletin 4.2.5 requires PHP 5.6.0+ and MySQL 5.5.8+.

            I would try upgrading your MySQL to at least the stated minimum version.

            edit: Nevermind...I misread your stated MySQL version.

            What do your error logs say?
            Thanks for your reply mark
            I have not received an error report in my mail, I just have a blank page at firfox and HTTP ERROR 500 in chrome.
            My php and mysql version is not problematic? Because everything works perfectly except register.php.
            Should I go back to version 4.2.4?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by winky8300 View Post

              Thanks for your reply mark
              I have not received an error report in my mail, I just have a blank page at firfox and HTTP ERROR 500 in chrome.
              My php and mysql version is not problematic? Because everything works perfectly except register.php.
              Should I go back to version 4.2.4?
              What kind of error reporting do you have defined in your "includes/config.php" file? Whatever you have, try temporarily replacing it (commenting it out) with:

              PHP Code:
              error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE); 
              If you have nothing like that at the top of that file, then add it, try accessing "register.php" then get the error and let us know what it is, and then you can disable that error reporting by commenting it out as follows:

              PHP Code:
              //error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE); 
              And uncomment your previous error reporting definition if you had one.

              Comment


              • #8
                Sorry, the information I gave you was incorrect.

                The solution, in my case, is pasted below......

                Thanks for your help mark, so I had a look at the access and error logs at the times I accessed the register.php file and immediately noticed the errors relating to a captcha plug-in.
                I had human verification set to disabled.
                I un-installed the plugin and then activated the Image Verification option.
                All is now back to normal.
                Regards
                Trevor

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MarkFL View Post

                  What kind of error reporting do you have defined in your "includes/config.php" file? Whatever you have, try temporarily replacing it (commenting it out) with:

                  PHP Code:
                  error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE); 
                  If you have nothing like that at the top of that file, then add it, try accessing "register.php" then get the error and let us know what it is, and then you can disable that error reporting by commenting it out as follows:

                  PHP Code:
                  //error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE); 
                  And uncomment your previous error reporting definition if you had one.
                  Thank you mark

                  But sorry I did not understand can you explain me slowly.please

                  I have to put this piece of code in config.php, but or exactly?
                  And how do I get the error from the register.php file?

                  Excuse me I'm a novice, but I need help

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by winky8300 View Post

                    Thank you mark

                    But sorry I did not understand can you explain me slowly.please

                    I have to put this piece of code in config.php, but or exactly?
                    And how do I get the error from the register.php file?

                    Excuse me I'm a novice, but I need help
                    Okay, on your server, locate the file "includes/config.php" and download it to your local media, such as a hard drive.

                    Using a text-only editor (I recommend Notepad++...if you use an editor that is not text-only, then you run the risk of messing things up), open of the file you downloaded and directly beneath the opening <?php tag, add the following:

                    PHP Code:
                    error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE); 
                    Save the file. Now, on your server, rename the "config.php" file to something like "config_old.php" so that you'll have a backup in case the edited file causes an issue. Upload the file you edited to your server in the "includes" folder.

                    Now, try accessing the "register.php" script and see what error is reported, and let us know so we can hopefully provide support.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      hello mark
                      When I modified my config.php as you mentioned, I have this error in all the pages of the forum Not only to the register page

                      PHP Code:
                      '127.0.0.1''port' => 11211 ),); *///$config['Misc']['memcacheRetry'] = 15; // Retry time in seconds.//$config['Misc']['memcacheTimeout'] = 1; // Connect timeout in seconds.//$config['Misc']['memcachePersistent'] = true; // Persistent connections./* #### REDIS SETTINGS #### *//*$config['Misc']['redisServers'] = array( array( 'addr' => '127.0.0.1', 'port' => 6379 ),); *///$config['Misc']['redisRetry'] = 100; // Retry time in milliseconds.//$config['Misc']['redisTimeout'] = 3; // Connect timeout in seconds.//$config['Misc']['redisMaxDelay'] = 10; // Slave out of sync, timeout in seconds./* #### IMAGE PROCESSING #### Images that exceed either dimension below will not be resized by vBulletin. If you need to resize larger images, alter these settings. */$config['Misc']['maxwidth'] = 2592;$config['Misc']['maxheight'] = 1944;/* #### ALLOWED PORTS FOR UPLOADING #### Other than ports 80 and 443, upload requests through any other portswill be blocked, unless specified in the array.Comma separated array of integers, Ex. array(8080, 3128); */// $config['Misc']['uploadallowedports'] = array();/* #### CUSTOM FILE LOAD #### Define a custom functions file to be imported.e.g. 'custom' will load ../includes/functions_custom.php' */// $config['Misc']['Functions'] = 'custom';/* #### REVERSE PROXY IP ####If your use a system where the main IP address passed to vBulletin is the address of a proxy serverand the actual 'real' ip address is passed in another http header then you enter the details here Enter your known proxy servers here. You can list multiple trusted IPs separated by a comma.You can also use the * wildcard (at the end of a definition only) or use the keyword 'all' to represent any ip address.*///$config['Misc']['proxyiplist'] = '127.0.0.1, 192.168.*, all';/* If the real IP is passed in a http header variable you can set the name here; *///$config['Misc']['proxyipheader'] = 'HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR';/* #### Force VB ALT_IP ####Setting this will force vBulletin to use any internally detected alternative ip as the main ip address.The core checks three http headers (in order) HTTP_CLIENT_IP, HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP, HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR.It will use the first one it finds as IPADDRESS, and the original REMOTE_ADDR as ALT_IP.Do not use this option unless you understand what you are doing, and the possible consequences. *///define('USE_VB_ALT_IP', true);/* #### FORCE URL SCHEME ####By default, vBulletin will try and work out what URL scheme to use (http or https) by checking the incoming page request.However, in some circumstances, this can fail. You can force the scheme to 'http://' or 'https://' using the below setting. *///$config['Misc']['vb_url_scheme'] = 'https://';/* #### FORCE URL PORT ####It may sometimes be necessary to force the port as well. Do not use this setting unless you know what you are doing. *///$config['Misc']['vb_url_port'] = '443';/*======================================================================*\|| ####################################################################|| # Downloaded: 02:35, Tue May 23rd 2017 : $Revision: 92688 $|| # $Date: 2017-01-31 07:01:38 -0800 (Tue, 31 Jan 2017) $|| ####################################################################\*======================================================================*/

                      Configurationincludes/config.php existsbut is not in the 3.6formatPlease convert your config file via the new config.php.new. 


                      After I configure a new config.php with Notepad ++ ..., and when I added the code
                      PHP Code:
                      error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE); 
                      , there was no more error but the register.php page remains white.
                      I did not understand ,what should I do?
                      Last edited by winky8300; Mon 5th Jun '17, 1:59am.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        That change is not likely to make any difference since I believe vB uses (E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE) by default.


                        Turn on debug mode, and also look in your php error logs to see what errors are being logged.
                        Baby, I was born this way

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Paul M View Post
                          That change is not likely to make any difference since I believe vB uses (E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE) by default.


                          Turn on debug mode, and also look in your php error logs to see what errors are being logged.
                          hello paul
                          to turn on debug mode ;i add this
                          PHP Code:
                          $config['Misc']['debug'] = true
                          to the config.php file ?
                          Last edited by winky8300; Mon 5th Jun '17, 2:26am.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Paul M View Post
                            That change is not likely to make any difference since I believe vB uses (E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE) by default.


                            Turn on debug mode, and also look in your php error logs to see what errors are being logged.
                            thank you paul

                            After having turned on debug mode, I have not received error mail, but I have this (SQL Queries (26) | $RCSfile$ - $Revision: 92648 $ | Explain

                            Memory Usage: 7 493 KiB) in the acp but I do not know how to expoiter them

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Hello l
                              I just settle my problem, I just go into ACp options >>Human verification And I disabled, and register.php works normally.
                              But in this case the captcha system does not work.
                              I would like to thank all those who have tried to help me,trevor ,mark and paul

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X