Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

upgrade from 4.2.4 to 4.2.5 problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • upgrade from 4.2.4 to 4.2.5 problem

    i did try today upgrade my forum from 4.2.4 to 4.2.5

    my current host info
    PHP Version 5.6.30
    MySQL Version 5.6.35
    after the installatin . page of my site looks fine . but when i enter my user name and pass . i am getting blank page . or 500 Internal Server Error

    depends the browsers i use . i can log in to control pannel . but i cant realy much function there as well .

    i did disable plug ins via admin cp and via config file . it didnt help at all . i did had to restore back my 4.2.4 version . 4.2.5 seems to be a buggy update . or i am just stupid . waiting for any suggestions . thanks


  • #2
    4.2.5 is not a buggy update. If it was, we'd have hundreds of customers reporting this issue.

    A 500 error is a server error. We would need to know the full error in order to investigate your issue further. This will be in your server logs (ask you host if unsure).
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

    TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.4.4 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

    Comment


    • #3
      when i upgraded month back from 4.2.3 to 4.2.4 i didnt face any problems . only with this update . i face such issue . do i need to chang anyting in the config.php file or the htaccess file .

      since i had to restore back the 2.2.4 version back . not sure about the error logs . one error that keep showing there non stop is :


      [Mon May 29 17:20:12.805861 2017] [access_compat:error] [pid 82554] [client 171.233.198.76:49793] AH01797: client denied by server configuration: /home/mysitename/public_html/includes/vfchh/js/thanks_hide.js, referer: some posts



      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Oren Avraham View Post
        when i upgraded month back from 4.2.3 to 4.2.4 i didnt face any problems . only with this update . i face such issue . do i need to chang anyting in the config.php file or the htaccess file .

        since i had to restore back the 2.2.4 version back . not sure about the error logs . one error that keep showing there non stop is :


        [Mon May 29 17:20:12.805861 2017] [access_compat:error] [pid 82554] [client 171.233.198.76:49793] AH01797: client denied by server configuration: /home/mysitename/public_html/includes/vfchh/js/thanks_hide.js, referer: some posts


        vBulletin 4 does not use an .htaccess file unless you are using mod rewrite URLs.

        We need an error that specifically matches up to a time when you have seen the 500 error on the front end.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

        TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.4.4 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

        Comment


        • #5
          there only errors they sent me is
          client denied by server configuration: /home/xxxx/public_html/includes/vfchh/js/thanks_hide.js, referer: http://mysite.net/showthread.php/47633-xxx-com-x-x

          i dont think so its the right one .

          i will try to upgrade agian and check the error logs in the same time

          btw is
          is it necessary to upgrade from 4.2.4 to 4.2.5 ?

          does 4.2.5 has security updates that 4.2.4 dont have . thanks in advance

          Comment


          • #6
            4.2.5's main function is to provide php 7 compatibility. There are one or two minor bugfixes in it besides that, but nothing security related. 4.2.4 would still be patched in the event of a relevant security update anyhow.

            So the short answer is, no, you don't need to upgrade if you are on php 5.6, but you should probably set up a test mirror at some point and try to upgrade that, to see if you can nail the problem.
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

            TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.4.4 Demo
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

            Comment


            • #7
              for some how the error logs dont show anyting . when i upgrade . i can ssee the forum only when its set to off . when i turn it on . and try log in . it logs and then show blank page on firefox . and on explorer and other browsers will give 500 http server error .

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Oren Avraham View Post
                for some how the error logs dont show anyting . when i upgrade . i can ssee the forum only when its set to off . when i turn it on . and try log in . it logs and then show blank page on firefox . and on explorer and other browsers will give 500 http server error .
                Have you uploaded ALL the 4.2.5 files? It's important to make sure they overwrite what is already there.
                It may also be worth downloading a fresh copy of the files.
                MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

                TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.4.4 Demo
                AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

                Comment


                • #9
                  this is the error i get . after upgrading


                  Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_detect_encoding() in /home/mydirectory/public_html/includes/functions.php on line 729

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Oren Avraham View Post
                    this is the error i get . after upgrading


                    Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_detect_encoding() in /home/mydirectory/public_html/includes/functions.php on line 729
                    You need to install the mb_string library in PHP. With a default installation of PHP, this is not installed. You need to contact the host.

                    http://php.net/manual/en/mbstring.installation.php

                    If you are using cPanel and the host allows you to switch your PHP Version, you can select this module on the PHP Version screen.
                    Translations provided by Google.

                    Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      thanks wayne adding mbstring in the host control pannel PHP Selector | extensions . fixed the problem .

                      Comment

                      Related Topics

                      Collapse

                      Working...
                      X