X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ipyuwebmaster
    • May 2017
    • 3.8.x

Error Upgrading from 3.8.9 to 4.2.4

installed new site DEV forum in a subfolder /forum424/ inside the previous installation directory and ran the /forum424/install/upgrade.php function and it seemed to run successfully and prompted me to login to the admin. At this point, however, it redirected me back to the original /admincp/ login, which of course still logged in successfully because its linking back to the original forum DB.
    I went back to the DEV site /forum424/admincp/ login and get a database error screen. I then went into check the DEV forum and saw the include error:
    Code:
    [B]Parse error[/B]: syntax error, unexpected '=', expecting ')' in [B]/home/illpumpyouup/public_html/forum424/includes/functions_misc.php[/B] on line [B]759[/B]
    so, obviously, something screwy happened during installation. Please help.

thanks,
    Jeremy

• Paul M
    Former Lead Developer
    vB.Com & vB.Org
    • Sep 2004

Your version of php is too old, you need at least 5.5, better still, 5.6

(for php 7 you need vB 4.2.5)
    Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• ipyuwebmaster
      • May 2017
      • 3.8.x

ok. I am updating php on the server. Do I need to start all over now to upgrade? or should the upgrade still be good, just need newer php to view it?

I am getting database errors both on the forum and forum admin screens now.
      PHP Warning: mysqli_query(): (42S22/1054): Unknown column 'phrasegroup_activitystream' in 'field list' in ..../includes/class_core.php on line 1394

Last edited by ipyuwebmaster; Mon 8 May '17, 12:25pm.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

You'll get database errors until you finish the upgrade. You'll need to refresh the upgrade.php script and let it continue.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• ipyuwebmaster
          • May 2017
          • 3.8.x

when I refresh the upgrade.php page and run, I get this error:
          Code:
          An error has occurred with your database. Please contact vBulletin Support for assistance.

Module: 400a1, Step 8 Database Error:1062

Duplicate entry '3193-129034' for key 'whoadded_postid'

Query: 
           ALTER TABLE reputation ADD UNIQUE INDEX whoadded_postid (whoadded, postid)

Comment

• Paul M
            Former Lead Developer
            vB.Com & vB.Org
            • Sep 2004

As it suggests, you have a duplicate record in your database, which should not ever have happened.

You will need to delete the duplicate record(s).

It looks like its for postid 129034, so "DELETE FROM reputation WHERE postid = 129034" should do the job.
            Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• ipyuwebmaster
              • May 2017
              • 3.8.x

ok, fixed DB, finished upgrade, prompted to go to the admin screen, logged in and after entered, it gives me the following errors:
              Code:
              [B]PHP User Warning[/B]: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: post_thanks_navbar_search in [B]..../includes/functions.php[/B] on line [B]4609[/B]

[B]PHP Warning[/B]: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in [B]..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code[/B] on line [B]1[/B]

[B]PHP Warning[/B]: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in [B]..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code[/B] on line [B]3[/B]

[B]PHP Warning[/B]: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in [B]..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code[/B] on line [B]4[/B]

[B]PHP Warning[/B]: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in [B]..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(1422) : eval()'d code[/B] on line [B]8[/B]
              Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
              File: /home/illpumpyouup/public_html/forum424/includes/class_core.php
              Line: 5806
              and this additional error on the forum home page:
              Code:
              [B]Fatal error[/B]: Call to a member function hide_errors() on null in [B]/home/illpumpyouup/public_html/forum424/includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code[/B] on line [B]40[/B]

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                • Aug 2000

Your vBulletin 3 addons are not compatible with vBulletin 4. You'll need to disable and replace them with compatible versions.

Please use the config file to disable the plugin system.

To do this, edit your vBulletin config.php file currently on the server by adding the following line after the <?php line:

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then reupload the config.php file into your forum's includes folder.

Afterward, go to the ACP -> Plugins & Products and under both 'Manage Products' and 'Plugin Manager' disable all non-vB products and plugins.

Make sure to go to both the 'Manage Products' and 'Plugin Manager' locations.

Then remove that line from the config file.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment