Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mark99
    • Oct 2002

[Suite] Error during upgrade from 4.2.5 B1 to 4.2.5 RC1

Today I attempted to upgrade by private test of vB 4.2.5 Beta 1 to the latest RC1 release and got an unusual error. The environment is PHP 7.0.18 and MySQL 5.5 and I have the vB4 Suit, although the Blog, CMS and Forum Runner components are all 'disabled' in my system.

Anyway I think it got to step 7 ish and then threw the following error, which I've never seen before.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
    <br />
    <b>Warning</b>: mysqli_query(): (42S02/1146): Table '**************.vb4_blog_text' doesn't exist in <b>/**********/beta/talk3dev/includes/class_core.php</b> on line <b>1394</b><br />
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
    <errors>
    <error><![CDATA[<p>Database Error</p>

Invalid SQL:

SELECT bt.userid, bt.dateline, blogtextid, ipaddress, firstblogtextid
    FROM vb4_blog_text bt
    JOIN vb4_blog bl USING (blogid)
    LEFT JOIN vb4_ipdata ip ON (
    bt.ipaddress = ip.ipid AND bt.blogtextid = ip.contentid
    AND bt.userid = ip.userid AND ip.contenttypeid IN (29,30)
    )
    WHERE ipid IS NULL;

Table '*************.vb4_blog_text' doesn't exist]]></error>
    <error_html><![CDATA[<p>Database error in vBulletin 4.2.5 Release Candidate 1</p>
    <p>Invalid SQL:

SELECT bt.userid, bt.dateline, blogtextid, ipaddress, firstblogtextid
    FROM vb4_blog_text bt
    JOIN vb4_blog bl USING (blogid)
    LEFT JOIN vb4_ipdata ip ON (
    bt.ipaddress = ip.ipid AND bt.blogtextid = ip.contentid
    AND bt.userid = ip.userid AND ip.contenttypeid IN (29,30)
    )
    WHERE ipid IS NULL;<p>
    <p>
    <strong>MySQL Error</strong> : Table '**********.vb4_blog_text' doesn't exist<br />
    <strong>Error Number</strong> : 1146<br />
    <strong>Request Date</strong> : Thursday, April 27th 2017 @ 11:41:35 AM<br />
    <strong>Error Date</strong> : Thursday, April 27th 2017 @ 11:41:35 AM<br />
    <strong>Script</strong> : http://**********/beta/talk3dev/install/upgrade.php<br />
    <strong>Referrer</strong> : http://**********/beta/talk3dev/install/upgrade.php<br />
    <strong>Classname</strong> : vB_Database_MySQLi<br />
    <strong>MySQL Version</strong> : 5.5.54-0+deb7u2<br />
    </p>]]></error_html>
    </errors>

After that I want back into the admincp, uninstalled the blog from manage products and let the upgrade process run again. This time it completed, although when I tried to post a new topic it gave me a similar error:

PHP Warning: mysqli_query(): (42S02/1146): Table '*************.vb4_blog_user' doesn't exist in ..../includes/class_core.php on line 1394

So I went back to products and disabled the Blog feature, which had been enabled by the upgrade. Now topic's can be posted again.

I think the issue is solved but I figured I should raise it because the error shouldn't have occurred in the first place, it was a bit odd as the Blog feature has been disabled for years and I've not touched it in many upgrades.
  • Paul M
    Former Lead Developer
    vB.Com & vB.Org
    • Sep 2004

They failed because you dont have some of the blog tables.
    Irrespective of whether you choose to disable it, the tables should still exist, meaning it wasnt installed properly at some point in the past.

(or someone removed the tables manually).
    Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• mark99
      • Oct 2002

Any idea why the 4.2.5 RC1 upgrade specifically would suddenly trigger that error while previous upgrades didn't?

Comment

• Paul M
        Former Lead Developer
        vB.Com & vB.Org
        • Sep 2004

Because 4.2.5 does some updates on those tables (Beta 2 to be exact).
        Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• XXP
          • Jan 2007

Have same problem. Had 4.2.2 suite w/ blogs installed OK. If missing tables is it, then how to fix the problem, please?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...