X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Klintrup
    • Aug 2011
    • 4.1.x

Error during upgrade to 4.2.5 RC1

During upgrade from 4.2.3/4.2.4 to 4.2.5 RC1 on our testsite the following error appears:

Code:
    An error has occurred. Please contact vBulletin Support for assistance.

Module: vbblog, Step 1 Error.

The following dependencies were not met: This product is not compatible with version 4.2.5 Beta 1 of vBulletin. (Compatible starting with 4.2.5 Release Candidate 1 / Incompatible with 4.3.0 Alpha 1 and greater)
    I have tried the following steps:
    • Upgrade from 4.2.4 to 4.2.5 RC1
      • Fails with above error
    • Revert testsite to 4.2.3 (running in production) and upgrade directly from 4.2.3 to 4.2.5 RC1
      • Fails with above error
    • Revert testsite to 4.2.3 (running in production), fully restart apache and upgrade from 4.2.3 to 4.2.5 RC1
      • Fails with above error
    Current configuration:
    PHP version 5.6.30
    MySQL version 5.6.35

If you need any additional information let me know.
    Last edited by Klintrup; Wed 12 Apr '17, 3:28am.
  • Klintrup
    • Aug 2011
    • 4.1.x

Just tried reverting the testsite to a fresh copy of production (see attached), same error as before (as expected).

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
      vBulletin Support
      • Aug 2002
      • 5.7.X

Make sure you download the full Forum, Blogs and CMS package and not just the Forum Only one then re-run the upgrade script after uploading this.
      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Klintrup
        • Aug 2011
        • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
        Make sure you download the full Forum, Blogs and CMS package and not just the Forum Only one then re-run the upgrade script after uploading this.
        Hi,

This is the version I have downloaded, I have just tried redownloading both versions to my desktop PC, and the forum only version is named "vbforum", this version has never touched my server though.

Output from ls (with unique ID masked)
        [root@gibbon /home/klintrup]# ls -ltr vbulletin*
        -rw-r--r-- 1 klintrup klintrup 11606889 Apr 11 17:54 vbulletinsuite_4-2-4_XXXXXXXXXX.zip
        -rw-r--r-- 1 klintrup klintrup 11608756 Apr 12 12:42 vbulletinsuite_4-2-5_Release_Candidate_1_XXXXXXXXXX.zip

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
          vBulletin Support
          • Aug 2002
          • 5.7.X

Are you still getting the same error when you extract that and run the upgrade script?
          Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Paul M
            Former Lead Developer
            vB.Com & vB.Org
            • Sep 2004

When the upgrade stops, what version does vb think its actually on ?

That error seems to suggest it still believes its on Beta 1, not RC1, despite the fact it appears to have run the B2, B3, B4 & RC1 steps.
            Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• Klintrup
              • Aug 2011
              • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
              Are you still getting the same error when you extract that and run the upgrade script?
              I have only ever tried installing the full version, so yes this error occurs with the full version

Comment

• Klintrup
                • Aug 2011
                • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Paul M
                When the upgrade stops, what version does vb think its actually on ?

That error seems to suggest it still believes its on Beta 1, not RC1, despite the fact it appears to have run the B2, B3, B4 & RC1 steps.
                Looks like vBulletin was upgraded to 4.2.5 RC1 but all of the modules were not.

Information taken from "Plugins & Products" -> "Manage Products"
                vBulletin 4.2.5 Release Candidate 1
                vBulletin Blog 4.2.3
                vBulletin CMS 4.2.3
                Forum Runner 4.2.3
                Also the following message appears in the admincp frontpage FYI section.
                Administrator Attention Required
                Could not find phrase 'after_upgrade_425_rebuild_search_index'.

Let me know if you need any logs/need to enable any kind of debugging while upgrade is running, I can easily reset and make sure noone but I am accessing the site for more accurate information.

Comment

• Paul M
                  Former Lead Developer
                  vB.Com & vB.Org
                  • Sep 2004

That phrase is present and correct in the language file for 4.2.5.

It really seems like you dont have all the correct 4.2.5 files uploaded (or apache is not seeing them properly).

Perhaps you have some sort of opcache running, and need to reset / disable it ?

Comment

• Klintrup
                    • Aug 2011
                    • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Paul M
                    That phrase is present and correct in the language file for 4.2.5.

It really seems like you dont have all the correct 4.2.5 files uploaded (or apache is not seeing them properly).

Perhaps you have some sort of opcache running, and need to reset / disable it ?
                    I tried disabling the builtin opcache for php 5.6 and that seems to do the trick.

This is the first time I'm having issues with PHP opcache during a vbulletin upgrade, and it seems reproducible, so I don't know if this is something you want to create a jira bug for so you can investigate ?

Anyhoo, thanks for the help - I can now continue testing

Comment

• Paul M
                      Former Lead Developer
                      vB.Com & vB.Org
                      • Sep 2004

Its not a bug, thats how opcache works (depending on how you have it set up of course).

Once its cached a php file, it doesnt bother to load it again, so uploading new versions wont be seen until you reset it.

Comment