Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • decafdev
    • Mar 2010

[Suite] Moving & installing current suite to a different directory

Ive had my current suite in a child directory of my domain for 7 years and over the time ive made many alterations and used many products. I now want to have a clean up but move the suite to the parent directory of my domain. Install vBulletin suite from scratch and configure.

I just wanted assurance to probably a straight forward answer. My thoughts are it would be fine if i installed the same modifications from the sources on vBulletin.org and included the templates edits too.

*modifications and template edits i wish to keep.

Is it that simple?
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

First thing, if you're moving to a different URL, the safest way to do this (before you delete all your files!) is to update the values here first:

AdminCP > Settings > Options > Site Name / URL / Contact Details

If you then want to delete all the files and upload new ones to the new location, as soon as you do, you'll be connected straight back to your database (after editing includes/config.php of course!).

Regarding template edits, are you storing the stylesheets in the file system or the database:

AdminCP > Settings > Options > Style & Language Settings > Store CSS Stylesheets as Files?
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• decafdev
      • Mar 2010

Until everything was moved and working i wont delete any files from the current location.

Current location site.com/x2/ new location site.com/

I am going to upload vBulletin files to site.com/ and run installation. Then copy the config.php file from current location to new location. Next download the mods i currently use from the original source and upload them (& install) via the standard protocol on the new board in the new location. Also find the template edits ive made from the 'edit templates' (ACP) and duplicate the page script to the same template(s) on the new board. Of course changing the contact details on the new board would be an action i would include during the migration.

Is it as simple as that?

Comment

• decafdev
        • Mar 2010

Also, while correcting file paths and other migration errors could i use the database (error-free) on two boards in 2 separate directories?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

The url to access the the site is stored in the database. All users will end up at the location that is specified there.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• decafdev
            • Mar 2010

I didnt need to change anything in the database and everything seems to work fine since i re-uploaded mods and overwritten the xml installs.
            I'm not missing anything am i?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              • Aug 2000

If it is working, then you should be good to go.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• decafdev
                • Mar 2010

im being notified via email regarding recurring payments but they arnt making it to my PayPal? hmm

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  • Aug 2000

You may have to update the callback URL in your Paypal profile. When you run the test communications for Paypal in the AdminCP, does it succeed?

AdminCP -> Paid Subscriptions -> Test Communications.

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...