X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oCL.Rob
    • Feb 2016
    • 4.2.x

Cannot install 4.2.0, cannot succeed 4.2.3

I have been trying for this makes the 3rd or 4th day now.. I lost count. Will try to keep this short and sweet.

4.2.3 had originally installed perfectly fine. I went back a few hours later, and the images disappeared. This was confirmed by multiple others as well, as well as myself through IE and Chrome on my computer, IE and Chrome on my server, and about 20 mix and match upload attempts through FileZilla, smartftp, and cPanel. I even tried installing through WAMP on my server with direct explorer drag and drop.

Images in 4.2.3 do not appear for ANY (keyword ANY) custom style. They upload fine, but once they are uploaded they are a different story. They either turn into a little box with an X, or alt text when it's available. I have tried those with at least 30 styles now throughout all these installs - the issue is there from the start. The image files are there, and in the correct directory, but they do not load. Their image paths in stylevar are also all correct.

So from this point on, considering that issue does not seem to want to be resolved, I am now trying to install 4.2.0 -- not because the number is attractive, but because it is the one version I know those I talk to that own vBulletin forums successfully run their site with (as well as 4.2.2). But of course.. I can't even safely visit the installer without seeing one error.

I can't even click the install button. It aborts the install.

Sent in a support ticket while I was working on 4.2.3 and was told I would eventually have to contact the style creator. I suppose I will be contacting a lot of you soon on why your styles do not work!

I ultimately want to deal with 4.2.0. I have a few mods that are not compatible with 4.2.3. Official support may be out of the question for 4.2.0 as it is not the latest stable, but how bout even a small lending hand on why all I have to do is upload it and I see errors from the start.

I cannot fork out another $149 to have it installed right now. But even so - there should be no issues from the very beginning of all I've done is uploaded the files and changed config.php

Files were uploaded wth ASCII, edited with wordpad or notepad++.

PHP version 5.6.14
    Apache 2.2.31
    MySQL 5.6.27-75.0

I believe the image issue is a setting in php.ini, but I wouldn't even know what I'm looking for to begin with considering I have never had an issue of the sort. Feels like I'm on Windows 98 again with IE like we used to have broke images all the time.

But at least 4.2.0 is showing errors.. I'd prefer the errors over the images. At least I know I can work with the errors.

Code:
    Stri[B]ct Standards[/B][COLOR=#001F30][FONT=verdana]: Non-static method vB_Shutdown::instance() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in [/FONT][/COLOR][B]/home3/n1g6h7a9/public_html/includes/class_core.php[/B][COLOR=#001F30][FONT=verdana] on line [/FONT][/COLOR][B]3314[/B]

[B]Strict Standards[/B][COLOR=#001F30][FONT=verdana]: Declaration of vB_Database_Alter_MySQL::drop_index() should be compatible with vB_Database_Alter::drop_index() in [/FONT][/COLOR][B]/home3/n1g6h7a9/public_html/includes/class_dbalter.php[/B][COLOR=#001F30][FONT=verdana] on line [/FONT][/COLOR][B]882[/B]

[B]Strict Standards[/B][COLOR=#001F30][FONT=verdana]: Declaration of vB_Database_Alter_MySQL::add_index() should be compatible with vB_Database_Alter::add_index() in [/FONT][/COLOR][B]/home3/n1g6h7a9/public_html/includes/class_dbalter.php[/B][COLOR=#001F30][FONT=verdana] on line [/FONT][/COLOR][B]882[/B]

[B]Strict Standards[/B][COLOR=#001F30][FONT=verdana]: Declaration of vB_Database_Alter_MySQL::add_field() should be compatible with vB_Database_Alter::add_field() in [/FONT][/COLOR][B]/home3/n1g6h7a9/public_html/includes/class_dbalter.php[/B][COLOR=#001F30][FONT=verdana] on line [/FONT][/COLOR][B]882[/B]

[B]Strict Standards[/B][COLOR=#001F30][FONT=verdana]: Declaration of vB_Database_Alter_MySQL::drop_field() should be compatible with vB_Database_Alter::drop_field() in [/FONT][/COLOR][B]/home3/n1g6h7a9/public_html/includes/class_dbalter.php[/B][COLOR=#001F30][FONT=verdana] on line [/FONT][/COLOR][B]882[/B]

[B]Strict Standards[/B][COLOR=#001F30][FONT=verdana]: Declaration of vB_Database_Alter_MySQL::query() should be compatible with vB_Database_Alter::query() in [/FONT][/COLOR][B]/home3/n1g6h7a9/public_html/includes/class_dbalter.php[/B][COLOR=#001F30][FONT=verdana] on line [/FONT][/COLOR][B]882[/B]

[B]Warning[/B][COLOR=#001F30][FONT=verdana]: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/n1g6h7a9/public_html/includes/class_core.php:3314) in [/FONT][/COLOR][B]/home3/n1g6h7a9/public_html/install/includes/class_upgrade_ajax.php[/B][COLOR=#001F30][FONT=verdana] on line [/FONT][/COLOR][B]744[/B]

[B]Warning[/B][COLOR=#001F30][FONT=verdana]: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/n1g6h7a9/public_html/includes/class_core.php:3314) in [/FONT][/COLOR][B]/home3/n1g6h7a9/public_html/install/includes/class_upgrade_ajax.php[/B][COLOR=#001F30][FONT=verdana] on line [/FONT][/COLOR][B]745[/B]
  • oCL.Rob
    • Feb 2016
    • 4.2.x

So now that I am home from work, I finally got my examples working in the state I am talking about.

Hostgator - PHP version 5.6.14 Apache 2.2.31 MySQL 5.6.27-75.0
    4.2.3 uploaded - cannot pass "Status: Installing, Step 2 of 7" Eventually aborts with a message that I am still waiting for to come back as I did not get to copy it.

**I UNDERSTAND VBULLETIN SHOULD BE ON THE LINKED DOMAIN OR IT CONSTITUTES AS A BREACH OF TOS**
    But I have no choice but to link that install to you here otherwise I cannot show you what I am talking about.
    It will be removed afterwards immediately, and will not be ran as such again.

nfoservers.com - PHP version 5.5.32, rest unknown
    Installed fine, but images are not loading still, as they do not do on ANY install I have tried on ANY of my hosts.

So from this point on, where am I heading to get either one of these installs rockin'.. I don't care which one it is, whichever one can be solved easier would be preferable. I paid for the cloud a year in advanced and would be requesting a refund. I would also then be transferring my domain (as I previously stated in this post).

EDIT: Okay, all done.
    Images needed to be reuploaded in Binary on NFO. Leaving HostGator, going back to other host. vB still will not install on HG. Something to do with 5.6.14?
    In case someone from vB sees this eventually - the nameservers are currently updating. http://ocl.hosted.nfoservers.com domain will soon be unavailable and that copy of vB will be http://www.playocl.net (my licensed domain).

Don't feel like receiving a violation e-mail
    Last edited by oCL.Rob; Tue 23 Feb '16, 7:05pm.

Comment

• Mark.B
      vBulletin Support
      • Feb 2004
      • 6.0.X

You cannot work with 4.2.0, it isn't supported and it won't work work with your version of php. That is almost certainly your issue. For php 5.5. you need a minimum of 4.2.3.

Custom styles - yes if after running the correct version you still have issues, you need to contact the style author, we cnnot provide support for third party code or styles. However, note that style authors are not generally found on this site, which is the official support site. For help with styles please visit www.vbulletin.org, the modification and customisation site.

However, as mentioned you may find your issues disappear when you are running the correct version.

MARK.B
      vBulletin Support
      ------------
      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• oCL.Rob
        • Feb 2016
        • 4.2.x

Hi - sorry to bump, but as this ended up being resolved, wanted to supply my solution for anyone that might be searching.

For the DB issues, I had to set the mysql DB type from mysql to mysqli (depends on your host I suppose).
        For the image issues, the readme suggested I upload the files to one place, but the vBulletin was actually looking for them in another place.

Comment