• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blrjohn07
    • Feb 2010
    • 3.8.x

Moving vbulletin forum to a new server

Hello guys,

There are plenty of threads regarding moving vbulletin forum database from one server to another server. But somehow I am unable to move the database successfully. My humble request to all of you, please help me. For an expert it may not take more than few minutes to explain.

I was basically following this tutorial.

Where am i going wrong ? I am sure there are some steps where I am doing mistake.

My forum (vb 4.2.2 version) is running on this domain www.bangalorebikers.com/forum. Its cpanel hosting. PHP Version 5.3.29 and MySQL Version 5.5.45-cll-lve

I have got a new hosting package from godaddy.com. I want to move the existing forum to the godaddy hosting server under this domain www.letsclick.in/forum

Below are the steps I was following.

1. I have downloaded the sql database from cpanel hosting by using phpMyAdmin. I do not have SSH access in the cpanel server.
    2. I have downloaded the forum directory from the existing cpanel server.
    3. I have uploaded the database to the godaddy server by using phpMyAdmin. But while uploading I have got the below error.

4. I have uploaded the forum directory to the godaddy server.
    5. I have configured the config.php file and uploaded to the same directory (forum/includes/). I am not so sure if I have edited the config.php file properly or not. I have just changed the database name, username and password. Is there anything else I have to do in the config.php file ??

I don't know what is the next step. When I try to visit the forum www.letsclick.in/forum it shows nothing

Someone please help me.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...