X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Boss-Hog
    Wayne, any idea why I'd still be receiving the following suspect file listing?
    ./
    forum.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    index.php File does not contain expected contents

The hash file is built with the Publishing Suite in mind. So forum.php would be included but isn't needed in the Forum only package. The contents of index.php in the Publishing Suite are different as well. If those are the only two files, then you can ignore them as false positives for now.

Are your issues continuing to occur?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Boss-Hog
      • Jul 2002

Thanks for the confirmation; yes, I have the forum only package. To the best of my knowledge, this has solve the issue(s), though I'll probably need to give it a little more time before feeling secure in saying that. Thank you for everyone's help to date.

Comment

• Boss-Hog
        • Jul 2002

The only odd issues users are still complaining of are mentioned below, though it's worth noting that at least one person think his issue is related to the ads (via Google AdSense):

"My screen just scrolled all the way to the bottom while trying to make a post."

"This happens to me when certain ads come on. Happens when just reading as well. The Maytag ads cause it every time. I also seem to have issues typing in [here]. Many times I'll need to hit a key three or four times before it shows on my screen. Only happens [here]."

"Had the same two issues this morning as [poster above] mentioned above. Difficulty typing (though not as I do this) and the screen scrolling to bottom repeatedly. Have these both frequently."

Is there anything on the vBulletin side that could account for any of these issues?

Comment

• Boss-Hog
          • Jul 2002

Actually, in looking at the logs, I am seeing a couple of these database errors a day. I've confirmed the file does exist, and I reuploaded it from the original package just to be safe, but they still persist:

Database error in vBulletin : mysql_connect(): No such file or directory .../forums/includes/class_core.php on line 317 MySQL Error : Error Number : Request Date : Friday, July 3rd 2015 @ 08:25:19 AM Error Date : Friday, July 3rd 2015 @ 08:25:19 AM Script : showthread.php IP Address : ... Username : Classname : vB_Database MySQL Version :

Comment

• Mark.B
            vBulletin Support
            • Feb 2004
            • 6.0.X

Issues caused by advert code isn't something we can easily help with as we've no control over the code in the adverts. Try inserting some plain text instead of the adverts, eg just the word "test" and see if the same issue occurs. If not, then it's a problem with the ad code.

The database error is referring to an issue with the database, not the file specified, the file is simply where it is being called. Sounds like an issue with the MySQL server, although it would be worth building a new config.php file (make sure you edit it with a proper text editor, such as Notepad++, and NOT Windows Notepad).
            MARK.B
            vBulletin Support
            ------------
            My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
            My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Boss-Hog
              • Jul 2002

Thank you - I'll give that a try.

Comment

• Boss-Hog
                • Jul 2002

I'm still seeing the class_core.php error a couple times a week, and since Mark suggested it could be an issue with the database, I opened a ticket with my host (after I recreated the config.php file as instructed). Additionally, I noticed that vB reports class_core.php does not contain the expected contents. I tried reuploading it from a fresh download, but that error persists. Anyway, here's what my host had to say:

I looked things over today and did not really find an explicit explanation for the error. The error log shows the last error was on the 17th. So I started looking into possible contributing factors. There are plenty of errors that show up in the apache logs for files not existing. It possible that part of the problem may be that you need to add a robots.txt to the public directory for the ... account. Then add a crawl delay. I see a lot of crawler traffic on the server. This would help slow them down a bit. Over all I think you would benefit from upgrading the server. An additional core and more memory would likely help things along. I am not saying that the server ever ran out of memory or that there is evidence of issues with CPU. At this point I am merely speculating based on my own experiences using vbulletin.
                We don't have many, if any, performance issues, so I'm skeptical that's the problem. Before I take their suggestion of adding robots.txt and adding a crawl delay, I'd like to confirm that's a viable solution to this error message. Any additional help you can provide would be appreciated.

Comment

• Boss-Hog
                  • Jul 2002

This is now happening with more regularity, as I received six emails overnight with the same error message. Can someone please help?

Comment

• Set3sh
                    • Jan 2013
                    • 5.2.x

Hello,

"mysql_connect(): No such file or directory" is not related to vbulletin.

When connecting to any of your database you must use as hostname:

Instead of:
                    localhost

The reason is that "localhost" is a special name for the mysql driver making it use the unix socket to connect to mysql instead of the a tcp socket. (to which apparently you have no access)

Kind regards,
                    George.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      • Aug 2000

Database error in vBulletin : mysql_connect(): No such file or directory .../forums/includes/class_core.php on line 317 MySQL Error : Error Number : Request Date : Friday, July 3rd 2015 @ 08:25:19 AM Error Date : Friday, July 3rd 2015 @ 08:25:19 AM Script : showthread.php IP Address : ... Username : Classname : vB_Database MySQL Version :
                      This error has nothing to do with the class_core.php file. The error is occurring in class_core.php on line 317 because your MySQL server cannot be connected to. Since MySQL is not returning an error message or number, we can't tell you what the problem. However since it is sporadic, the most likely cause is that MySQL is not available when the error occurs. Unless you're on a VPS or Dedicated server, you will share your MySQL instance with everyone on the server. If the hundreds or thousands of sites on the server max out the MySQL resources, then vBulletin can't connect. There is no way to resolve this error except to provide more resources to MySQL.

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Boss-Hog
                        • Jul 2002

Thanks everyone - I appreciate it.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                          • Aug 2000

You can try switching to mysqli in your config.php. It is more efficient at connections.

Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment