Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audiokarmallc
    • Jun 2008

3.8.8 to 4.2.2 errors

I had errors upgrading to 5.1.5 so I started over from a backup of the original database and tried upgrading to 4.2.2. When I login to the new forums it displays PHP code instead of my username (see pic). When I do go to the forums the layout is all skewed to the right (see pic) and last if I try and access any of the forums listed, it returns a blank white page. Any clue what may have gone wrong during the upgrade?
  • Sc®iPt
    • Aug 2006
    • 4.2.X

upload new language files and style , dont use the old styles or language
    ---
    To Be Smart ، Play With Smarter
    Mahmoud Elklmawy

Comment

• audiokarmallc
      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Sc®iPt
      upload new language files and style , dont use the old styles or language
      This was a clean install using all new files from the 4.2.2 upload folder. I don't trust doing an install cold against a live site. I take a copy of the database and do the upgrade in a development folder first for reasons just like this.

Comment

• Sc®iPt
        • Aug 2006
        • 4.2.X

okey but why i still see the Default style for vB3 also the language for vB3 ?

are you make sure about do the full upgrade ?

delete this folder and database and try again with new fresh files and database

also dont forget to make sure to update default style , language to vB4 Files
        ---
        To Be Smart ، Play With Smarter
        Mahmoud Elklmawy

Comment

• donald1234
          • Oct 2011
          • 4.1.x

There is no need to move your site to a different folder to do an upgrade, just as always make a full backup so you can restore if anything goes wrong.

You would need to update the URL in admincp but like I said don't bother just upgrade the live site after making backup.
          Last edited by donald1234; Fri 27 Mar '15, 4:34am.

Comment