X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sparky
    • Dec 2005
    • 4.2.x

Restoring to a Mac

Has anyone successfully restored their vBulletin to a mac setup, OSX Yosemite?

I've configured php, apache and MySQL and attempted restore but keep running into issues.

Having created a new DB in phpadmin (utf-8 general), it fails

Via mysqldumper it fails another way

Via MySQL workbench I tried and it reports the restore successful but when I configure config.php it fails with a db error.

I then attempted to start a new install but the vB installer just reports it cannot connect to the MySQL database due to credentials which I know are correct as I'm using the same that are configured in phpadmin setup

Any pointers?

Thanks
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

What do you mean it fails?

Comment

• sparky
      • Dec 2005
      • 4.2.x

When I run the vB installer, it accepts my licence but then reports this.

Due to the following errors, the install/upgrade can not continue:
      • The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the includes/config.phpfile
      • Error description: mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/2002): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: nodename nor servname provided, or not known /Users/mark/Sites/test/includes/class_core.php on line 1358
      I have checked both mysql via workbench and phpmyadmin and I have a blank DB that allows user root all privileges

I have checked config.php and all the relevant connection credentials are correct,

$config['Database']['dbname'] = ‘test’;

$config['MasterServer']['username'] = ‘root’;
      $config['MasterServer']['password'] = ‘password’;

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...