Question about files after upgrade 3.6-4.2 => Does this work: delete all files and upload 4.2 dir

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rsb.se
    • Feb 2007
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] Question about files after upgrade 3.6-4.2 => Does this work: delete all files and upload 4.2 dir

I am in the progress of upgrading my 3.6.8 version to the latsest 4.2 and so far I have manage to do everything on a test forum/testdatabse and it worked out well.

I had a lot of plug-ins that I disabled before the upgrade and I really only need too keep one plug-in and that is iTrader.

When I do diagnostic to search for "Suspect File Versions"the list was looooong with things not recognized even after I removed all plug-ins. Old files and modifed files from my old forum.

To clean up my director I tried to delete (renamed the directory) all files (this is after the upgrade) and then uploaded the files again from my new 4.2 folder, then I uploaded and upgraded iTrader.

So here is my question, will this bite me in the arse later?

When I test my upgraded forum now everything seem to work perfect and the iTrader plug-in work and is updated and when I do a diagnostic I get a clean list with only iTrader files showing. The only thing I am concerned about is if this "ok" to do? I'm not an expert in how the files interact with the database etc, so what do you experts say, everything seem to work perfect, do I dare to do this on the LIVE forum?
    Filip Reuterberg
    www.rsb.se
    Sweden
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

The only issue I can see is if you have avatars saved in the file system, you don't want to delete those- same for attachments. If they are stored in the database you're ok. Otherwise you'll need to copy back those directories.

Comment

• belindaj
      • Aug 2002

Filip - can you update with your progress - as I too am needing to follow a similar upgrade path right now? And, if you know - is your server still using MySql 4.x or is it on 5.x?

Comment