How can I SHow the HOME Directory in the Navigation Page and make it the default Page

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cruncher Pete
    • Jan 2010

[Suite] How can I SHow the HOME Directory in the Navigation Page and make it the default Page

Installed vB 4.2 pl3 on a test site on an active Host as an Add On Site as I already running a Primary site there using vBulletin 4.1 which is inactive and will be deleted in time as soon as I can set this new one up.. I installed the version with the option to install it with the test data. The problem is that when I access the site, I can only see the Forum coming up. The navigation Bar contains WHATS NEW, ARTICLES, FORUM and BLOGS. The link to HOME is missing. I can access the Front Page by clicking on Articles only.

I wish to have this site set up so that when I access it it comes up with the Front Page and not the Forum. I tried all I know which is not much and tried different settings in the Site URL option with no luck. How is it done?
  • Ace
    • Apr 2004
    • 4.2.X

Articles is the new Home. You could edit the name (and set it as Default) in Navigation Manager if you like.
    My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
    vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Cruncher Pete
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Ace
      Articles is the new Home. You could edit the name (and set it as Default) in Navigation Manager if you like.
      Thank you for that Ace, that was a great help. Although I prefer the old name HOME, I am now partially there. What I need now is to make the Home Page appear first when I access the site instead of the forum. The way to do this also seem to elude me for I tried various URL with no success. In the previous version this was the default.

Comment

• Ace
        • Apr 2004
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Cruncher Pete
        Thank you for that Ace, that was a great help. Although I prefer the old name HOME, I am now partially there. What I need now is to make the Home Page appear first when I access the site instead of the forum. The way to do this also seem to elude me for I tried various URL with no success. In the previous version this was the default.
        In Navigation Manager, use the dropdown to the right of the Home line, and choose Set Default.
        vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Cruncher Pete
          • Jan 2010

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I have set it to default as described.

Comment

• Ace
            • Apr 2004
            • 4.2.X

That's weird. It should work.

You haven't edited index.php have you?

Comment

• Cruncher Pete
              • Jan 2010

Thanks ACE, the case is solved. It worked fine on my localhost test site and I know that I have installed it as directed but I was not aware of that new option the Navigation panel. Since I have not changed anything and everything was at default it got me thinking and eventually it hit me. My Chrome browser sometimes will not clear the cache even if you ask it nicely. Tried the other two browsers FireFox and IE and all is fine..

Cheers.

Comment