Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frosendo
    • May 2012

[Forum] Forum restore and upgrade question

Hi, Now that I have installed a test/generic v4 vBulleting I can start looking at the task I have and could use some high level guidance on what to do. I inherited an internal forum that was running version 3.? and was given an SQL dump from teh forum and told to go host it somewhere else as the server it was on is gone.

So, I got a new VM and installed (with help from here) PHP, MySQL, and vBulletin 4.4 20 and it works as a test at least. I figure my next step is to restore the SQL db but do I do that to a new database or could I just do that to the db I setup when I installed the test Vbulleting v4 board?

Also, since I don't know what exact version of vBulleting (other than it was v3) what upgrade script process should I use?

Thanks for all you help.
  • Hartmut
    • Nov 2007
    • 4.2.x

My way of getting rid of this would be: Restore the DB dump in a new database and upload all the files from the vBulletin 4.2.0 package in a fresh folder. Then set the config.php in /includes to the new DB and start upgrading with /install/upgrade.php, then follow the instructions on the screen. Usually this works without problems and you should have a fresh vB4 Version of the old database.
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• frosendo
      • May 2012

Gave the upgrade a try but I got an error

Originally posted by Hartmut
      My way of getting rid of this would be: Restore the DB dump in a new database and upload all the files from the vBulletin 4.2.0 package in a fresh folder. Then set the config.php in /includes to the new DB and start upgrading with /install/upgrade.php, then follow the instructions on the screen. Usually this works without problems and you should have a fresh vB4 Version of the old database.
      Gave this a try but I ended up with an error after entering in my customer number and the upgrade from option. I looked for the file the error log mentions below but the oldest "class_upgrade" file I have in that folder seems to be "class_upgrade_360.php". Is there some intermediate upgrade I need to do, or do I need to get a class_upgrade_352.php file frome somewhere?

Thanks for your help.

Error Message:

Warning: require_once(E:\EngrForum\webroot/install/includes/class_upgrade_352.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in E:\EngrForum\webroot\install\includes\class_upgrade.php on line 413

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'E:\EngrForum\webroot/install/includes/class_upgrade_352.php' (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in E:\EngrForum\webroot\install\includes\class_upgrade.php on line 413
      PHP Warning: require_once(E:\EngrForum\webroot/install/includes/class_upgrade_352.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in E:\EngrForum\webroot\install\includes\class_upgrade.php on line 413 PHP Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'E:\EngrForum\webroot/install/includes/class_upgrade_352.php' (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in E:\EngrForum\webroot\install\includes\class_upgrade.php on line 413

Comment

• Hartmut
        • Nov 2007
        • 4.2.x

A trick could be to upgrade to the latest vB3 version, from there step to vBulletin 4.2.0

Comment

• frosendo
          • May 2012

Originally posted by Hartmut
          A trick could be to upgrade to the latest vB3 version, from there step to vBulletin 4.2.0
          I tried on Thursday last week and again today to download a 3.x version of the forum but just as the download starts I get an error

"Unable to download download.php from members.vbulletin.com

Unable to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found."

I also tried the version 4.x download, although I already have it just to check and it also fails with the same error. How else can I get the version 3.x forum so that I can try the mid-upgrade to work my way to verison 4. Thanks Felipe.

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
            • May 2002
            • 1.1.x

There is no class_upgrade_352.php as the upgrade script for vB4 requires vBulletin 3.5.4 or higher. You'll should upgrade up to at least that version using the vB 3.8.7 upgrade scripts before uploading the vB4 files and using its upgrade script.

As for your download error, try again. If it still doesn't work, try using a different browser.

Comment

• frosendo
              • May 2012

Thanks, I was able to go to v3.8.7 then to 4.2.0. The old forum is running now on a new system and I just need to start learning how to manage this and update templates that are maybe out of date now.

Comment

• Hartmut
                • Nov 2007
                • 4.2.x

Good to hear

Comment