Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lene
    • Nov 2008

[Suite] Many problems after upgrade

First, don't ask me to submit a support ticket, because I did that 3 days ago, and all I've gotten so far are 1(!) reply a day, none of which have included any help what so ever. So I'm turning to the rest of you, maybe you can do what the people paid to help won't bother to do (if you think I'm annoyed, you are correct).

So, here's the thing:
    I upgraded from suite 4.1.11 til 4.2PL2, and since then, a whole bunch of problems have presented themselves. Before I upgraded, we had some issues concerning warnings from Google about malicious content, but someone told me that is was just something a mistake, and that nothing was wrong, so I didn't continue to look...my bad.

The weird part is that the problems I now experience differ from each other depending on which browser I use, so I have to devide them up for you.

In IE9:
    I couldn't run the upgrade script in IE to begin with, so it started there. After I manged to run it in FF, I discovered that some stuff were uaccessable. On the forum itself, the Blog is missing, coming up empty. And in the AdminCP, many templated also come up empty when trying to access them, including Search in templates. Though, some seem to have returned after all my attempts to fix things.

In FF:
    All templates seems there, and I can use the search templates function. AdminCP seems fine. But the forums are acting weird. Before last night, I could access the forums, but if I tried to click something that would take me to forum.php, an error message would pop up from FF saying that www.huletydyshish.ru. couldn't be found. That is not my address, nor does it have anything to do with my site. I re-uploaded the files again, and re-ran the upgrade script earlier today, and now this error message comes up on any page I try to access. For this reason, I don't know it the blog shows up in FF.

What I've done:
    I've re-uploaded and re-upgraded many times.

I got my webhost to run an analysis, and they came up with a whole bunch of hacked files and files that don't belong. I've deleted all these files, including the damaged one, as those were in the Impex folder, belonging to the old phpbb forum we used years ago. The report from the host also mentions some backdoors:
    Backdoor (7,4): ./www/vbulletin/coms.php
    Backdoor (3): ./www/vbulletin/install/includes/r.php
    Backdoor (3): ./www/vbulletin/packages/vbdbsearch/r.php
    Backdoor (3): ./www/vbulletin/vb/route/r.php
    I've switched my database password.

Address: http://www.hamsterforening.no/vbulletin/forum.php

If anyone could help me, I'd be forever grateful. We're a non-profit animal association, so we can't afford to get professional help on this.
  • Merjawy
    • Sep 2002

Whoever told you not to worry about the warning, I am afraid might be wrong. Check your site as it's blacklisted for malware issues

SiteCheck is a website security scanner that checks any link or URL for malware, viruses, blacklist status, or malicious code. Check your website safety for free with Sucuri.
    To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
    My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
    CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
    Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

• Lene
      • Nov 2008

I know that now, it had a LOT of weird files in the vbulletin folder in a subfolder called simply Files. The files are deleted now, I hope I got them all, but I assume it'll take some time for the malware checking sites to get updated. At least, I hope that's why we're still listed. The disturbing thing is that my Norton IS have not stopped anything when I've gone on the site, so that gave credit to the mistake theory.
      The report from my webhost suggests that there are some security issues in vbulletin, at least that's how I interpret the backdoors found, though I'm obviously not an expert.

Comment

• 14DH01
        • Sep 2010
        • 4.2.x

hello,
        admincp>>Maintenace>>Diagnostics>>Suspect File Versions
        in maintenance, make a diagnosis of non-files "vb"
        consider, if they do not appartinnent a pluging must simply remove the.
        Examine the file "htaccess" made ​​a copy here for look
        my forum Support bug reports please

Comment

• Lene
          • Nov 2008

Ok, I've run the diagnostic tool, and it found a lot of files not right. The blog files come up like this:
          File version mismatch: found 4.2.0 Patch Level 2, expected 1.0.5
          Also, a lot of files come up as not part of vbulletin.

I think I'm gonna try deleting the whole thing from my domain, and upload it fresh from the latest download, including the blog. That will hopefully make sure that only files that are supposed to be there will be there.
          Then I'll run the diagnostic tool again, and see what happens.

I'm not sure what .htacess file you mean, but I appriciate the help so far

Comment

• 14DH01
            • Sep 2010
            • 4.2.x

the problem is that you've already sent files "VB4.2.0"
            The upgrade does not start it (no change in the basis given)?
            Have you pluging?

There is a solution, but answer to my question before

- - - Updated - - -

htaccess file is in the root of your "forum".
            That may be the target of hackers to redirect to another site (as I have read in the first post)

Comment

• Ace
              • Apr 2004
              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Lene
              Ok, I've run the diagnostic tool, and it found a lot of files not right. The blog files come up like this:
              If you went from 4.1.1 suite to 4.2 suite, those blog files definitely shouldn't be reading as v1.0.5.
              My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
              vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Lene
                • Nov 2008

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are asking, except about plugins, which I do not have.

I did what I said, deleted it all and re-uploaded, which took care of all the issues from the diagnistic tool, now it's clean. However, the blog and templates are still missing in IE, and the weird url still gets in the way in FF. I have no idea where that is coming from, everything is clean now, it's all been either deleted or replaced with brand new files.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Ace
                If you went from 4.1.1 suite to 4.2 suite, those blog files definitely shouldn't be reading as v1.0.5.
                I figured that one out. Apparently, the blog files didn't get replaced or something, because when I deleted the whole vbulletin folder and re-uploaded it from a fresh download, those entries in the diagnostic report disappeared. Blog is still missing, though, even though blog.php is where it's supposed to be.

Comment

• 14DH01
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 4.2.x

The easiest way you have backups is to simply remove the folder / file ftp (keep the file includes / config.php) and return a healthy version of "vb 4.1.1".
                  Without the install folder "intall no upload"
                  This way you will have your file / folder ftp healthy

Comment

• Lene
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by 14DH01
                    - - - Updated - - -

htaccess file is in the root of your "forum".
                    That may be the target of hackers to redirect to another site (as I have read in the first post)
                    Oh right. I have two in my root directory, outside my www folder. One is empty, it was just a test thing I did, and it has been disabled by my webhost. The other one is one my webhost put there yesterday to password protect my site until the corrupted files could be deleted. I've disabled that now since all those files should be gone, and so that people can help me.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by 14DH01
                    The easiest way you have backups is to simply remove the folder / file ftp (keep the file includes / config.php) and return a healthy version of "vb 4.1.1".
                    Without the install folder "intall no upload"
                    This way you will have your file / folder ftp healthy
                    I actually tried that last night, but that removed both the blog and the articles section. And that was the only answer I got from vbulleting support today:
                    [QUOTE][You'll need to first reupload the 4.2.0 files, you cannot downgrade vBulletin./QUOTE]

Comment

• 14DH01
                      • Sep 2010
                      • 4.2.x

htaccess to keep the costs do not put any on.
                      You understood my my instructions?
                      we must put the file "vb4.1.1" home without installation.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, but prior to the "4.2.1", you have to re upload the files "vb4.1.1" without virus .
                      after that you do the upgrade "4.2.1"

Comment

• Lene
                        • Nov 2008

Yes, I think I understood that, and like I said, I did that last night. I uploaded my previous version, 4.1.11, replacing the files that was already on the server. And when all that did was remove some items on the nav bar, I uploaded the 4.2 again, and ran the upgrade script yet again. But I can try to to it completely fresh, by deleting all files, and upload the previous. And then do the upgrade thing. It's worth a shot, at least.

Comment

• 14DH01
                          • Sep 2010
                          • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Lene
                          Yes, I think I understood that, and like I said, I did that last night. I uploaded my previous version, 4.1.11, replacing the files that was already on the server. And when all that did was remove some items on the nav bar, I uploaded the 4.2 again, and ran the upgrade script yet again. But I can try to to it completely fresh, by deleting all files, and upload the previous. And then do the upgrade thing. It's worth a shot, at least.
                          http://www.hamsterforening.no/vbulletin/forum.php.

I see your forum you are already in 4.2.0 (still allert message virus).
                          Now I do not know if you have completed your update?
                          If yes clears and resets all the folder and file in the "FTP"
                          the "vb4.2.0".except config.php
                          Removing all content "FTP/www/all" => not overwrite file because the virus will always be!
                          UPLOAD:
                          all references "VB4.2.0" NEW without the folder "install".
                          Return for file: "config.php"
                          Last edited by 14DH01; Sat 15 Sep '12, 12:41pm.

Comment

• Lene
                            • Nov 2008

Ok, I've removed all files now, except the config file. I do not have an install file uploaded, as I deleted it before uploading. Which install files should I then upload? The one from 4.1 or 4.2? Or does it even matter?

Comment

• 14DH01
                              • Sep 2010
                              • 4.2.x

4.2.1 new

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...