Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mark99
    • Oct 2002

[Forum] Problems After Upgrade from 4.1.12 to 4.2.0 PL2

First time I've had any problems to report with a vB upgrade but when I switched to 4.2 from 4.1.12 some issues did arise. I don't know if they're all bugs or something I've done but they've not occured before.

1. Incorrect time on External Data Feed (JS).

When I call the output from EXTERNAL.PHP (defaults to RSS) the time on my latest threat via our test forum is accurate.

24 August 2012 15:46

But when I load the JS type (external.php?type=js), which is what I normally use, it outputs the time for that same thread as "01:46 PM". The forum time settings are correct, as is the setting on my admin profile.

How to fix this as otherwise my feed output is all out by 2 hours?

2. My main forum page always forces back to forum.php instead of index.php as before.

It looks like Activity Stream, which is a hedious thing, has changed the way navigation is handled. Anyway I unchecked all the "Active" bits Admin CP > Settings > Navigation Manager to disable it and then set my 'Forum' to default. But now everytime I press the home link in Navbar (this links back to my /forum/index.php file) it annoying converts that to load as /forum/forum.php.

I need to get this back to how it was before so that when /forum/index.php is called it stays as index.php and isn't magically changed to forum.php. How can I do that (note: my index.php source file already calls require('forum.php'); as I don't use the CMS)?

3. Can't remove the CMS Product (MySQL Error)

After the upgrade I went to remove the BLOG and CMS products as per usual (I never wanted the CMS/Blog and always have to remove it after the install). The Blog product disabled and removed fine. The CMS disabled fine but when trying to remove the CMS is throws out this (never happened before, it's always removed fine in the past):

Database error in vBulletin 4.2.0:
    Invalid SQL:
    SELECT MAX(permissions & 1) AS perm
    FROM vb4_cms_permissions
    WHERE nodeid = 1 AND usergroupid IN (6);
    MySQL Error : Table 'db************.vb4_cms_permissions' doesn't exist
    Error Number : 1146
    Request Date : Friday, August 24th 2012 @ 05:07:29 PM
    Error Date : Friday, August 24th 2012 @ 05:07:29 PM
    Script : ************/index.php
    Referrer : ************/forum.php
    IP Address : 2.************
    Username : ************
    Classname : vB_Database
    MySQL Version : 5.0.92-1~ui60+1

I then tried again and now always get this:

Database error in vBulletin 4.2.0:
    Invalid SQL:
    DELETE cms_widgettype, cms_widget, cms_widgetconfig
    FROM vb4_package AS package
    LEFT JOIN vb4_cms_widgettype AS cms_widgettype
    ON cms_widgettype.packageid = package.packageid
    LEFT JOIN vb4_cms_widget AS cms_widget
    ON cms_widget.widgettypeid = cms_widgettype.widgettypeid
    LEFT JOIN vb4_cms_widgetconfig AS cms_widgetconfig
    ON cms_widgetconfig.widgetid = cms_widget.widgetid
    WHERE package.productid = 'vbcms';
    MySQL Error : Table 'db******.vb4_cms_widgettype' doesn't exist
    Error Number : 1146
    Request Date : Friday, August 24th 2012 @ 05:32:08 PM
    Error Date : Friday, August 24th 2012 @ 05:32:09 PM
    Script : **************/admincp/plugin.php?do=productkill
    Referrer : **************/admincp/plugin.php?do=productdelete&productid=vbcms&s=
    IP Address : 2.220******
    Username : ******
    Classname : vB_Database
    MySQL Version : 5.0.92-1~ui60+1

Not a huge issue as I can just disable the CMS but still, I want it gone.
    Last edited by mark99; Fri 24 Aug '12, 7:41am.
  • Matthew Gordon
    • May 2002
    • 1.1.x

For 3) - here are manual CMS uninstall instructions: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...=1#post2310320

I'd recommend just leaving it disabled, but if you really want to remove it after every upgrade, I'd suggest simply deleting includes/xml/product-vbblog.xml and includes/xml/product-vbcms.xml before running the upgrade script instead. It'll save you some time as well.

For 2) - this isn't the Activity Stream, it's the Navigation Manager and it is generally a good change as it allows the default page to be set without editing files. That said, to get it back to the way it was, you will have to edit the index.php file. Change the following:
    Code:
    define('VB_REDIRECT', true);
    to this:
    Code:
    // define('VB_REDIRECT', true);
    Doing so will quite obviously break the "default tab" setting and make index.php always call the forumhome instead.

Comment

• Dustin L.
      • Mar 2011
      • 4.2.X

As far as number one goes, I am going to go out on a limb and ask what your PHP-setting is for timezone. (Can be found in php.ini.)

Best,

Dustin
      http://quikmsg.net/strtoupper/ - Convert lowercase text and code to all uppercase!
      http://quikmsg.net/strtolower/ - Convert uppercase text and code to all lowercase!

Comment

• mark99
        • Oct 2002

I don't have access to the main php.ini (probably GMT or CET though) but that's besides the point anyway as the output on 4.1.12 is correct and reflects the forum setting, while the same output on 4.2 PL2 has suddenly changed. It should be reflecting the forum time settings, which the RSS feed still does but not the JS one.

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

Report it as a bug then. Or compare the files yourself to manually figure out what changed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...