X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ourobos
    • May 2012
    • 4.1.x

[Suite] IPB 2.2.1 to VBulletin4 - Need basic info

Although I have my degree in IT, I'm a newbie and working with these forum migrations. My site, www.bowlinggreenmustangs.com is moving to a new server. We are also upgrading to vBulletin. My question is, can I setup a local site on my PC to test everything, before uploading it to the new server? Secondly, I've downloaded vBulletin4 and ImpEx, and also have my .sql backup from my current IPB board downloaded. I'm kinda stuck knowing what to do to import the data, and also test it, local if possible as mentioned. Help are links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Brandon
  • Matthew Gordon
    • May 2002
    • 1.1.x

You need to install a web server (such as apache), PHP, and MySQL to your computer and restore your database backup to a new database. Then, you'll need to install vB4 on your local server as well. Easiest way to get started with this, IMO, is to install a package like VertrigoServ that installs Apache, PHP, and MySQL for you onto your computer.

Comment

• Gomjaba
      • Jan 2005
      • 3.5.x

An alternative is http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html
      I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol like some thinkle peep I am!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...