X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rabeel
    • Sep 2011
    • 4.2.x

[Forum] upgrade from 4.0.3 to 4.1.12 patch one latest version

Dear i have upgrade my forum today from 4.0.3 to 4.1.12 patch one but my site isn't working fine
    what issues i am facing let me tell u
    it is not showing the new icons and bolds insert image insert videos
    it is also not saving the edit post.
    and many more issues please let me know what should i do to over come these issues?
    also forum is very slow i don't know why it is.
    if you open first page then the template settings are not fine sidebar big add is at the end of the footer.
    What's going on?
    is anyone there who is going to breif me how it will work?
    currently extract the folder of the forum on local pc and then uploading and updating the files via ftp.
    so any suggests?
    Vuhelp Distance Learning Education
  • Amaury
    • Mar 2012
    • 4.2.X

A screenshot, if possible, of the problem would help.
    Former vBulletin user

Comment

• Rabeel
      • Sep 2011
      • 4.2.x

you may see that in the footer everything is not in order when a person login to the forum it is not showing his name it show Array. Check the snap shot of my forum Click image for larger version

Name:	footer problem.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	3687133

When i try to edit a post and try to save something it does not save anything please find the snap shot of this problem
      Click image for larger version

Name:	post saving problem.jpg
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	3687134

Please help me out it doesn't look nice.

you may check your self at our forum
      Vuhelp

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

To troubleshoot this, first download a fresh copy of the vBulletin ZIP file from the Members Area then reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php:

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Rabeel
          • Sep 2011
          • 4.2.x

Sir i am having problem that it is showing that my default style is having these issues
          Click image for larger version

Name:	style file.jpg
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	3687137
          Then when i try to generate the new style i click on save it goes up again and then it does not change the color's what is this sir? i am very upset. that i could not upgrade it.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Those are templates you need to manually review or revert to make sure that they are up to date with the new version of the software. You would need to review the list presented after every upgrade. The software does try to update the templates automatically but cannot due to some changes at times.

Click "View Highlighted Changes" to compare your customized template with the default template. Make the changes necessary to update your template or revert them to use the default.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...