Upgrade Problem 4.1.8 -> 4.1.12 Patch1 Lost ALL styling, including vBulletin default

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sneezyyzeens
    • May 2007
    • 5.0.X

[Suite] Upgrade Problem 4.1.8 -> 4.1.12 Patch1 Lost ALL styling, including vBulletin default

Upgraded from 4.1.8 to 4.1.12 P1 this morning.
    No errors.
    In the admin panel, I clicked on the "remove unused style vars" admin message action button
    Again, no errors.
    I go to look at the site before turning it back on, and it's a big garbled mess.
    I haven't been keeping that up to date with what the changes are, but I figure that big "remove unused style vars things" was probably the culprit, so I go and turn off my personal styles so that the default VBulletin style is the only one available. I change the default style in the site settings to that style.
    I clear cache/cookies/whatever from my browser and try to look at it again.
    It looks like it's showing the mobile style (there's a square thingy in the upper right hand corner, and when I click it, it shows these row/column options).
    This was all in IE. So I look at the site again in Firefox, Chrome, and Safari, and they all show the same thing.. ZERO style. White background, links to everything.

I disabled all products (including Blog an CMS), reuploaded files, and ran the upgrade.php again.

Site still has zero style. What are my options? I backed up before I upgraded, but my database is rather large, I'd really rather not have to revert back.
    The Twisting Nether Gazette
    A Roleplay Community for the WoW Server Twisting Nether.
  • Matthew Gordon
    • May 2002
    • 1.1.x

Sounds like your default style has erroneously become a "mobile" style.

Originally posted by Matthew Gordon
    This MySQL query should move your default style back to a standard style. Run it in phpMyAdmin or Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query. Things to note: if you have a table prefix, you need to add that in front of "style" at the beginning of the query, and if your style's styleid isn't 1 (if it is the default style, it should be) then you need to change that at the end of the query to the proper styleid.
    Code:
    UPDATE style SET parentid = '-1', type = 'standard' WHERE styleid = 1;
    After the query successfully runs, go to http://yoursite.com/admincp/template.php?do=rebuild in your browser to rebuild the styles. Also, since it seems that there isn't a default mobile style, I'd suggest making a new style called "Default Mobile Style" (Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> [Add New Style] at the bottom) making sure to select "No Parent Style" under "Mobile Styles" (it defaults to "No Parent Style" under "Standard Styles", this is not what you want).

After all that, go to Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Style & Language Settings, make sure "Default Style" is your default style and that "Default Style for Old Mobile Browsers" and "Default Style for Modern Mobile Browsers" both show the default mobile style. Save those settings.

Comment

• sneezyyzeens
      • May 2007
      • 5.0.X

Ah..setting type='standard' in the database and then rebuilding the styles worked.

My customized styles are completely gone, but at least the default style works so people can still use the site while I figure that part out.

Thanks!
      The Twisting Nether Gazette
      A Roleplay Community for the WoW Server Twisting Nether.

Comment

• Attractum
        • Apr 2012
        • 4.1.x

I am registered as an administrator but I cannot run the update SQL command "You are not authorized to execute SQL queries".

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

You can run queries within the vBulletin Admin Control Panel by going to Maintenance -> Execute SQL Queries.

To run Queries in the Admin Control Panel you need to edit your config.php file and add your user ID to the Can Run Queries section. It looks like:

// ****** USERS WITH QUERY RUNNING PERMISSIONS ******
          // The users specified here will be allowed to run queries from the control panel.
          // See the above entries for more information on the format.
          // Please note that the ability to run queries is quite powerful. You may wish
          // to remove all user IDs from this list for security reasons.
          $config['SpecialUsers']['canrunqueries'] = '';

Place your user id between the single quotes.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...