• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thomas Moore
    • Mar 2012
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Board images (like toolbars) Not showing after update

Solved thanks to Steven S.

I updated my forum from vBulletin 4.1.11 to 4.1.12 forgoing the 4.1.11 security patch. I turned the forum off, disabled the modifications and then I uploaded all my 'upload' files from the zipped 4.1.12 folder into my vBulletin folder on my server. It asked to overwrite, I said yes to everything. I then proceeded with the upgrade which went flawlessly then deleting the 'install' folder. After the update was completed, some icons and images won't show up. I'm guessing it's a relatively fix, but I'm not too knowledgeable about all this. Toolbar icons are missing, as is the forum logo and some others. See screenshots below:

Solved thanks to Steven S.
    Last edited by Thomas Moore; Sun 15 Apr '12, 5:29am. Reason: Solved
  • steven s
    • Jul 2004
    • 3.8.x

Are you missing your images directory?
    Some are there, most are not.
    Last edited by steven s; Sun 15 Apr '12, 5:31am. Reason: removed link
    ...steven
    www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
    bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
    "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• Thomas Moore
      • Mar 2012
      • 4.1.x

Thanks for the reply Steven, do you think it would be possible for me to upload my vB 4.1.11 backup of the images or?

@Steven, I went ahead and uploaded the images folder to the forum. Everything is displaying the way it should be. Thanks a lot for the help, i wouldn't have had noticed that the images folder was missing without it.
      Last edited by Thomas Moore; Sun 15 Apr '12, 5:27am.

Comment

• steven s
        • Jul 2004
        • 3.8.x

Did you download the update without images?
        I wonder if it's your ftp program that deleted the /images directory?
        ...steven
        www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
        bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
        "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• Thomas Moore
          • Mar 2012
          • 4.1.x

Good question Steven. I believe I downloaded the standard vBulletin 4.1.12 package from the customer area and then proceeded to upload those files into my already existing vB 4.1.11 server. I use Filezilla with the standard setup. But like I said, one I uploaded my back up that I had of the images everything was alright.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...