X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sushubh
    • Apr 2007

[Suite] Had a major problem upgrading to 4.1.12

admincp went into infinite loop.

disabling htaccess file resulted in 500 internal server error.

disabled all the plugins using the config.php file... did not help.

uploaded all the files again in ascii model. did not help.

admincp sort of worked by accessing the index.php file directly. but when i tried enabling the forum, it did not process.

currently restored from the backup taken before upgrade. back to the previous version.

this is on a directadmin based server. any clues what could have gone wrong? should i give another go? what precautions should i take?

i usually create a gzip of all the files in the upload folder and upload it to uncompress it directly on the server using the file manager in directadmin. i understand that it could be related to file permissions problem. i used a terminal command to change all permissions to 755. that did not help as well.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Are you using vBSEO? They may need an update for the AdminCP for some reason. Our own .htaccess shouldn't affect the AdminCP.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Sushubh
      • Apr 2007

i am indeed using vbseo. i would check their forums if the update is breaking their build. i would also check after disabling vbseo completely. thanks for the pointer. (disabling htaccess file was what i did to skip their engine but that resulted in 500 internal server error!).

Comment