upgrading server & forums - database conflicts?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sandra Dykes
    • Oct 2011
    • 3.8.x

[Forum] upgrading server & forums - database conflicts?

I'm currently running 3.8.x and trying to upgrade to 4.1.11 - and am also trying to do this on a new server that has mysql 5.1.x and php 5.3.x - but am getting all these errors. I got the thing up and going on the new server, but when it came time to import the database I was met with all kinds of infuriating baloney. The newer database doesn't want to recognize the older tables and I'm getting tons of frustrating errors.

Is there a script or anything that will re-write the tables as I upgrade? Right now I'm unable to complete my upgrades.

ALSO - when I upgraded on the old server the CSS for the front end won't work, apparently, the forum looks like some generic web page while the backend css works fine. What's up with that?

And - I don't see anywhere in the admincp where I can backup my database from there like I could in 3.8.x - am I blind or what am I doing wrong? This was the only effective way for me to backup my database because it's pretty good sized and the server keeps timing out on me or something - it only saves about 1/4 of my database - if even that much.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.
  • sivaganesh
    • Oct 2010

Have you seen this video(official) ?

Video tutorial on how to upgrade from vBulletin 3 to vBulletin 4.Visit our official vBulletin Website for support! :)http://www.vbulletin.com/
    | College student forum | Men beauty and Health Tips | Dress Forum [IPB] |

[For 6 Months] Unlimited vB Upgrades + $50 AWS CloudFront CDN (billed in my account) + vb.org Mod Installs - PM me. 2 Spots

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
      vBulletin Support
      • Aug 2002
      • 5.7.X

Can you give us a link to see it? With no specific error messages it's hard for us to say what's happening...
      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...