Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nharkey
    • Jun 2011
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Trying to go from 4.1.4 Patch 2 to the new 4.1.11 but it just doesn't happen

I have downloaded the new upgrade in Winzip, extracted the whole file to my main VB directory, found the upload file and changed its name to forum and then uploaded the newly named forum folder to my website via Dreamweaver. Everything appears to run smoothly, but afterward the admin site says I still have the 4.1.4 version. Have gone through the whole process three times with same results. If anyone can see what I am doing wrong, I would be grateful.

Nancy Harkey
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Did you run the upgrade script?
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• nharkey
      • Jun 2011
      • 4.1.x

Well, I know that I tried to do that once, but whatever I did wrong it did not lead to the new upgrade so I gave that up. Will try again. Thanks

Comment

• nharkey
        • Jun 2011
        • 4.1.x

Okay, following directions from a memo on upgrades called "Upgrading from vBulletin 4.x.x" I get the instructions to go to http://www.example.com/forum/install/upgrade.php, and for the example, I substitute my URL for my forum which is www.forum.parentingbytemperament.com/ This memo seems to be old information as it just leads me through a process that goes back to 4.1.4 I really don't know what to try next.

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

Step 1, did you upload the new 4.1.11 files? Did those files overwrite the old files?
          Step 2, run yourdomain.com/forumfolder/install/upgrade.php for you, it should be this: http://forum.parentingbytemperament....ll/upgrade.php
          Step 3, You should be done.

Comment

• nharkey
            • Jun 2011
            • 4.1.x

Thanks for the advice, Zachary. I took some time after your reply to see just where my files were going. What seems to be happening is that I am up getting the 4.1.11 files uploaded but they are not going to the right directory. The Vbulletin instructions tell you to "rename the upload folder to match whatever name you gave to the directory containing your vBullein files on your web server." This directory on my website is called forum, but it is inside of /public_html/ so the whole thing is /public_html/forum/ When I have changed upload to forum and then uploaded this to my website, the new files just stay in a separate directory called forum, and the original relevant files are unchanged. Could it be that I should specify all of public_html/forum for the changed name of the upload file?

In addition, my forum itself is a subdirectory with the URL www.forum.parentingbytemperament.com and I don't know if that changes anything.

Thanks for any further help,

Nancy Harkey

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...