Help needed please to move from phpbb to vBulletin (and merge vB database changes?)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • *~Vix~*
    • Jan 2012
    • 4.0.x

[Suite] Help needed please to move from phpbb to vBulletin (and merge vB database changes?)

I am currently running a phpbb forum and have just purchased vBulletin. I've installed vBulletin on our server and have done a lot of work on it so that when we jump over from phpbb it looks like our old site in terms of colours, icons etc.

Last night I downloaded the database from phpbb and copied it to a new SQL database for use with vBulletin... my heart sank when all the changes I made just seemed to vanish! I edited the config file to go back to the old database I set up with vBulletin and lo and behold, there were all my changes!

That obviously suggests that the changes I made to the css using the tools in the admin panel were actually made to the database and not the files I originally uploaded to the server...

So is there a way of combining the database edits I've done to Bulletin with my phpbb database?

My other concern is that even when I tried following the instructions, uploading a copy of the phpbb database and going through the reinstall with vBulletin (which is seemed it wanted to do - did I need to go through this process? I assumed I probably did so all the database edits could be made so it could be used with vB) none of the information (users, threads, posts etc.) appeared on the new vBulletin forum.

Please can anyone help?

Thanks,

Vicky
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Have you imported the phpBB database using Impex?
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...