• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • haythamghareeb
    • Apr 2006
    • 3.5.x

[Forum] How can I get my album pics again after upgrading to 4.x.x

Hi,
    Just asking if there is a way I can get my album pics to show up again in 4.
    This is what happened. I upgraded from 3.8.7 to 4.1.10 Beta 1. This is how I do my upgrading.
    I made a new directory. Edited the config file to use the older database then I uploaded all the new files to that new directory. I also moved the following into the new folder:
    Everything beginning with "custom", signature folder, the attachment folder..etc. Then I performed the upgrade. Before upgrading, I forgot to move my album storage folder into the new directory. Upgrading went smoothly. Then, I found out about the new policy which moved album pics into the attachments. Now, the numbers of albums are showing but nothing in them.
    Is there a way to have them show up again..like if I move the storage folder into the forum's folder and upgrade to the latest VB version, will that work? Any ideas appreciated. Thank you.
  • Loco.M
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.5.x

you upgraded wrong
    read over the docs
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• haythamghareeb
      • Apr 2006
      • 3.5.x

Thanks for the reply but I know about these upgrade procedures and I assure you the way I do it is a lot easier and never goes wrong. Just that this time and bec. of changes in attachments and album pics policy, I forgot that I had to have my album pics storage folder in the same directory I used for upgrading. Everything else works perfectly.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

You're going to have to re-run the upgrade after restoring a backup. Right now there is no easy way to get your user albums into a proper format.

Comment

• Loco.M
          • Mar 2005
          • 3.5.x

Originally posted by haythamghareeb
          I assure you the way I do it is a lot easier and never goes wrong.
          Seems it did
          There is a correct way of upgrading, and an incorrect way.
          -- Web Developer for hire
          ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• haythamghareeb
            • Apr 2006
            • 3.5.x

Loco. you don't seem to get it. If my album storage pics was in the same folder as my upgrade script, all would have worked. The only error was on my part and it was forgetting to move it into that upgrade directory. If the way I upgrade was wrong, the upgrade would have failed. All that happened was that the albums are there in number of albums and number of pics, but the pics themselves are not due to the links not being there to the actual pics. I have used this way for more than 3 years now. Never went wrong. Zachery, thank you. I will do just that.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...