Patching 4.1.7 pl2 to 4.1.7 pl3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Answered] Patching 4.1.7 pl2 to 4.1.7 pl3

I need to add the recent security patch to my site, (which is currently lagging behind on 4.1.7 pl2) am I right in assuming that if I download version 4.1.7 pl 3 that I then need only to upload the following two files to my web server...

blog_post.php
    includes/version_vbulletin.php

Is there anything I need to do after that, especially wrt error checking on file versions?

**Yes I know 4.1.0 is out but I'll do that next week after all the early adopters have ironed out the flaws!!

You upload the files in your patch download and then go grab a drink and watch Football.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Wayne, but do you mean just those two files or all the files in the patch download, with no need to run the upgrade script (btw I'm British so I'll be drinking gin and tonic and watching the Rugby ...six nations starts soon!)

...and if copying all the files from the patch download, do I need to close the forum?
      Last edited by Old Git; Fri 13th Jan '12, 2:56pm.

Comment

The patch download at http://members.vbulletin.com/patches.php would only include those two files.

However, if you downloaded the complete package and aren't upgrading to a new version, you only need to upload those two files.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Thanks again Wayne....after three plus years of using VB I have finally caught on to the fact that there is a separate area for patch downloads, as opposed to the full upgrade package. Doh! I thought everyone who was talking about copying selected files to their servers were just unpacking them from the upgrade package and copying them up. Given that the patch download area is right there on the left-side menu of the members downlaod area, and I've never noticed it before, I now I feel like Homer's brain-damaged Brother! In my own defence though, as I always trail the latest release version, using the full upgrade package has always worked for me and I had no real incentive to go looking for the possible patches!

Comment

The patch packages just save a bit of time is all. Glad you've got it worked out.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Working...
            X