Manual Security Patch Instructions for VB 4.x.x

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

If you installed vBulletin into the /phpbb/ directory then yes they may very well be the same. If you can find that code in it, go ahead and make the changes.

Comment

• kandhro
      • Nov 2012

Hello
      iam looking for some of ur help in regards of , i have done manual editing in my vb 4.2.0 for the files as per instructions here in top ,
      the noted results i have seen is no any member is able to login and same with admin after i place right details and click login it show blank screen
      with as follow link www.xyzzzz.com/login.php?do=login

then i tried to restore edited files back from backup my forum works fine as usual, suggest me

hope to have a solution

Comment

• MoreLinux
        • Dec 2009
        • 4.2.x

@Joe D.: Thanks. Easy fix in 5 min.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by kandhro
          Hello
          iam looking for some of ur help in regards of , i have done manual editing in my vb 4.2.0 for the files as per instructions here in top ,
          the noted results i have seen is no any member is able to login and same with admin after i place right details and click login it show blank screen
          with as follow link www.xyzzzz.com/login.php?do=login

then i tried to restore edited files back from backup my forum works fine as usual, suggest me

hope to have a solution
          Hello,

What software are you using when you edit the files? What it the name of the text editor you are using and what is your computer operating system?

Comment

• MoreLinux
            • Dec 2009
            • 4.2.x

Originally posted by vbsm
            Might these two be the same?...

/public_html/phpbb/includes/functions.php
            /public_html/forums/includes/functions.php
            Hi vbsm,
            That /public_html/phpbb directory might be there because you used my phpBB3Auth plug-in to migrate the phpbb3 user accounts to vBulletin4??
            phpBB3Auth - Migrate phpBB3 user/password to VB4 vBulletin 4.x Add-ons

Comment

• kandhro
              • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Joe D.

Hello,

What software are you using when you edit the files? What it the name of the text editor you are using and what is your computer operating system?

Hello
              iam using Notepad++ for editing as per suggested above , and iam on win7

Regards

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                • Jul 2008

OK, then I would suggest making the file changes again. This time do the changes one file at a time and test the forum after each one. Be sure to check several pages. Try to find the specific one causing the issue- the most likely problem was a typo in one of the changes.

Is there a reason you can't upgrade to VB 4.2.2, that would be ideal.

Comment

• Johnny B
                  • Aug 2010
                  • 4.2.X

Hello all,

I am running 4.2.0 P4 and I followed the instructions to the letter but somehow must have done something wrong as I couldn't get my website to work and had to revert to uploading the old files.

I know it would be a simple upgrade to 4.2.2 but I have ad on's I need to check 1st before doing that and while I release it is not a VB support problem it is very frustrating not to have access to simple files to upload and overwrite. I also don't want to do a complete version upgrade at the moment if possible.

Can someone from VB Support not assist myself and others that have had problems with the manual upgrade by just making a simple up loadable patch available for version 4.2.0 P4

PLEASE HELP HERE

Comment

• Mark.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Feb 2004
                    • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Johnny B
                    Hello all,

I am running 4.2.0 P4 and I followed the instructions to the letter but somehow must have done something wrong as I couldn't get my website to work and had to revert to uploading the old files.

I know it would be a simple upgrade to 4.2.2 but I have ad on's I need to check 1st before doing that and while I release it is not a VB support problem it is very frustrating not to have access to simple files to upload and overwrite. I also don't want to do a complete version upgrade at the moment if possible.

Can someone from VB Support not assist myself and others that have had problems with the manual upgrade by just making a simple up loadable patch available for version 4.2.0 P4

PLEASE HELP HERE
                    Please raise a support ticket, including your site URL, ftp credentials, and admincp credentials;
                    The credentials should be put in the "Sensitive Data" field.

Mark the ticket for my attention and I'll do the patching for you later today.
                    MARK.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    ------------
                    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Johnny B
                      • Aug 2010
                      • 4.2.X

Thanks so much Mark B greatly appreciated I have done as requested

Once again thank you

Comment

• Ambro
                        • May 2013
                        • 5.0.X

Since I've manually patched using your provided instructions, how can I manually set the version number to the latest build?
                        If that's not recommended, was anything else changed in PL1 which would have to be applied manually in order to be at Pl1 ?

Just want to be current here and since I've manually applied the patch, the version still reflects 4.22 Albeit cosmetic, I'd rather be able to reflect the latest version on my site.
                        Last edited by Ambro; Mon 17 Mar '14, 12:47pm.

Comment

• Zachery
                          Former vBulletin Support
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ambro
                          Since I've manually patched using your provided instructions, how can I manually set the version number to the latest build?
                          If that's not recommended, was anything else changed in PL1 which would have to be applied manually in order to be at Pl1 ?

Just want to be current here and since I've manually applied the patch, the version still reflects 4.22 Albeit cosmetic, I'd rather be able to reflect the latest version on my site.
                          You wouldn't. PL's are not something set in the versioning data stored in the software, we never display PL's to the end user either, just to administrators, in the AdminCP. If you're not already on 4.2.2, then you would need to upgrade, otherwise you're not on 4.2.2, even with the patch applied.

Comment

• Mark.B
                            vBulletin Support
                            • Feb 2004
                            • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Johnny B
                            Thanks so much Mark B greatly appreciated I have done as requested

Once again thank you
                            This site has now been successfully patched.
                            MARK.B
                            vBulletin Support
                            ------------
                            My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                            My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• lekiemdan
                              • Mar 2014
                              • 4.2.X

This patch cause my forum 4.2.0 "invalid action specified" error with inlinemod funtion when the moderator session timeout and they need to enter the password to perform the inlinemod. Are there any solution for this ?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                                • Jul 2008

Originally posted by lekiemdan
                                This patch cause my forum 4.2.0 "invalid action specified" error with inlinemod funtion when the moderator session timeout and they need to enter the password to perform the inlinemod. Are there any solution for this ?
                                Hmmm... I don't have an immediate solution but if it is a problem you could consider disabling the Enable Inline Moderation Authentication in General Settings so moderators won't have to log in a second time for in-line moderation.

See next post.
                                Last edited by BirdOPrey5; Wed 19 Mar '14, 5:01pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...