X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • efipaul
    • Apr 2008
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] 4.2.2 install won't finish

I must have tried installing this software 20 times by now. I can access the install.php, start the scripts, and it freezes up at 78% every single time. I can let it sit for hours and it doesn't go any further. It gets 193 tables put into the database, then just stops and sits there. If I refresh the page, it says the install was not completed and I have to delete the database and start over. I don't believe it finished the install because when I deleted the install folder and go to the admincp link, I can login, but it just takes me immediately to a blank page. The forum home page is blank as well.

I have deleted and re-uploaded everything to the hosting and re-installed, re-downloaded a new copy of 4.2.2 and re-installed, and nothing will get past this point. When I look at the install progress details, it always gets to Template Groups items that start with P before it freezes. (Template Group: Page Navigation or one of the 3 or 4 after it)

Anyone have any ideas on something to try or what it might be?
    Last edited by efipaul; Fri 10 Jan '14, 5:25pm.
  • Teascu Dorin
    • Aug 2010

Usually if you right click and then click reload (To refresh the page) that file template group will be skipped and then the install should continue.
    Best Regards

roStyles Design LLC
    CEO & Founder (Design and Support)
    Romanian Translator
    Teascu Dorin

Comment

• beishe8
      • Oct 2005
      • 4.2.X

Don't delete and start over again with install.
      If refresh ( F5 ) does not work start again with upgrade.php instead of install.php

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• efipaul
        • Apr 2008
        • 3.6.x

Thanks all. I realized when I had it installed on a prior server, it was v3.6.9, so I'm attempting to install that now so I can restore all of my data. I can't believe how much I've been struggling with all of this. I'm up to my 5th day of going nowhere.

Comment