Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kingdombuilder
    • Oct 2009

[Suite] Can't Change CMS Layout After Upgrade

I upgraded from 4.1.2 to 4.1.8 and I was going through trying out all the features to make sure everything works. I finally got the mobile Style working good and that was a relief. Now i face a different problem. I have a old layout to my CMS and as i was reading some of the posts here I heard that there are some widgets that stop the mobile style from working on the CMS. Well My mobile is working on all except the CMS. So as i was trying to move some widgets around to try and locate a possible conflict I notice that when I edit a layout that has already been setup no modules appear, even on the layout that is currently in use on the CMS. Also I notice that when i import a widget to the layout it can only move to the first available space and will not allow movement from one column to the others. It is pretty weird. I want to resolve the issue with the mobile style on the CMS but first I need to try and see what is wrong with my layouts and why they do not work properly.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

I would suggest looking at your grids and seeing if they are all valid and 'saving' them before going to look at the layouts associated with them.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Kingdombuilder
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Lynne
      I would suggest looking at your grids and seeing if they are all valid and 'saving' them before going to look at the layouts associated with them.
      I was messing around with the settings in my CMS and I found that the setting was on 1 column. These are the setting that you access from the CMS. Once I adnusted it to 3 insfead of one my layout issue went away for all those that had the same issue as I had.

Comment

• kyroxj
        • Oct 2011
        • 4.1.x

having kind of same prob
        the rest of site is on one theme and cms page stays on vb default theme and no matter what i click on in the theme drop down box on the bottom of page nothing happens,
        also i cant get into the configure section of the widgets

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...