BB URL setting question.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BB URL setting question.

okay, so this question is about all vb installs, (3,4 & 5) so i will make this thread in the middle. (4)

as per the picture, the important one is #3.

my question is this;

i have a domain, say; example.com
    on that site (example.com) i already have a vb forum located @ forums.example.com (works just fine. np.)
    i also have a different domain name "in the bag". (say example2.com)
    i already made that domain url mask/redirect to example.com/forum123 where i will install a 2nd vbulletin forum.
    as such, if someone goes to example2.com, they will -technically- go to example.com/forum123, but the url shows example2.com. ok, fine, that's how it should be. so this isn't an issue, just explaining.

so the actual question is; which url do i use for #3?

is it;
    example2.com
    or
    example.com/forum123

What will be the url, users will have to use to access the site? That will have to be the bburl.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
      What will be the url, users will have to use to access the site? That will have to be the bburl.
      thanks for replying zach. it's the same issue as
      http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...-on-one-domain

as it is, i have my current vb3 forum on subdomain.mydomain.com. that is how it is reached.
      i now want to make a 2nd vb3 forum on same domain under a new subdomain, ie: subdomain2.mydomain.com
      but, the way people will reach it, is with a domain name of it's own (ie: mydomain2.com) that is just linked to the tru location of the subdomain. (subdomain2.mydomain.com)

Comment

I don't see how you're going to get that to work the way you want, without using it the proper way.

Comment

Working...
        X