X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Walt Gekko
    • Jan 2011
    • 4.1.x

Access Denied Errors when attempting new install of 4.2.2

I recently deleted my old 4.2.1 board (but backed it up before doing so) as I planned to start the board over from scratch, wanting to start fresh without the hundreds of thousands of bots the old board had along with other problems I never was able to completely fix. I have downloaded and made backups of 4.2.2, following directions to the letter and putting in my information, I get the following error messages message when I use MYSQLI or MYSQL, both saying:

• The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the includes/config.php file
    Is there anything that could be causing this, or do I have to create a new MySQL for it?
  • Will Watts
    • Nov 2012
    • 4.2.X

You need to make sure you've changed the default values in /includes/config.php to the correct MySQL user details you want to use. If it's a fresh install of vBulletin, you'll need to use a new MySQL database I think, but you can use any user that has the correct permissions for the blank database.

Comment

• wda2015
      • May 2001

Edit your config.php with the username & password of your database.
      Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

• Walt Gekko
        • Jan 2011
        • 4.1.x

UPDATE:

I continue to get the following error when I do this:

Due to the following errors, the install/upgrade can not continue:
        • The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the includes/config.php file
        • Error description: mysqli_real_connect() [function.mysqli-real-connect]: (HY000/2005): Unknown MySQL server host '(intentionally left blank)' (11004) D:\Hosting\(intentional deleted)\html\forums\includes\class_core.php on line 1358

I can't get past this no matter what, including trying the earlier items noted.

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

~~The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please confirm the values entered in the includes/config.php file

This statement is true, vBulletin tried to connect to MySQL and was refused. This means that your information is not correct. Either the MySQL server name/address, port, username, password, or database name is incorrect.

You need to confirm with your webhost the correct values. It is not something we can fix.

Comment

• Walt Gekko
            • Jan 2011
            • 4.1.x

Thanks for the fast response. I figured it was a web hosting issue.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...