Upgrade vbb 4.2.2 Err: Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Timac LEO
    • May 2011
    • 4.0.x

Upgrade vbb 4.2.2 Err: Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561)

Hi all,
    I recently upgraded version VBB
    Upgrade vbb 4.2.2 Err: Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 292

Line 292 of class_bootstrap.php: if (do_facebook_redirect())

Hope you help fix. I think conflicting plugin. Tks!
  • Jamsoft
    • Jun 2011

Im getting a simliar error. The first 2 lines output by my newly updated site are:

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in ..../includes/init.php(351) : eval()'d code on line 55

Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 149

[ then about 100 more warnings about the timezone ]

I upgraded from 4.2.0 PL3 to 4.2.2 and these new warnings spam the page.

Comment

• Jamsoft
      • Jun 2011

verified same results with disable_hooks set to 1 in the config.php. My admincp wont even load now.

Comment

• VertoPB
        • Oct 2013
        • 4.2.X

HI,

after updating my installation to version 4.2.2 I can not access the forum. I can not access the control panel. When I try to access any page of the forum or admin panel messages appear me:

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4912

Warning: strftime() [function.strftime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in ..../includes/functions.php on line 5104

Warning: strftime() [function.strftime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in ..../includes/functions.php on line 5104

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/London' for 'BST/1.0/DST' instead in ..../includes/functions.php on line 5104

I request urgent help please.

Thanks and regards

Comment

• weave
          • Jul 2011
          • 4.1.x

You need to read this

vBulletin 4.2.2 is NOW AVAILABLE for download. The feedback thread for the 4.2.2 release is HERE (http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-sales-and-feedback/licensed-customer-feedback/4000120-vbulletin

Comment

• VertoPB
            • Oct 2013
            • 4.2.X

I have hosted the forum on a shared host and I can not access the php.ini
            Also I have no access to the administration panel.
            Everything is completely fallen.

From where I access vB4 Jira project?

Thanks and regards

Comment

• weave
              • Jul 2011
              • 4.1.x

I am on a shared host and I have full access to my files.

Open a ticket with your host and ask them to add this to the php.ini

Code:
              [Date]
              ; Defines the default timezone used by the date functions
              ; http://php.net/date.timezone
              date.timezone = America/New_York
              Replace "America/New_York" with the right one for you....which you can find here. http://php.net/manual/en/timezones.america.php

As for the item listed in #4 in the link.

You need to access your files and edit the lines they instructed. The location is inside the includes folder of your forum in class_core.php - lines 5683-5685

Code:
              case E_NOTICE:
              case E_STRICT:
              case E_DEPRECATED:
              // Just ignore these completely
              // break;

Comment

• VertoPB
                • Oct 2013
                • 4.2.X

Thanks. It works again.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...