X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • taz112768
    • Feb 2008
    • 3.8.x

After upgrade to vb 4.2.2

After successful upgrade i cant reach admin panel get this error.

Warning: Non-static method VBSHOUT::render() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in ..../dbtech/vbshout/includes/global.php on line 181
    Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
    File: /home/guysandd/public_html/forums/vb4/includes/class_core.php
    Line: 5745
  • CozmicShredder
    • Aug 2004
    • 4.2.X

I am sure that would be handled by http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/ but it seems a lot of my products are broken now! Which is why I use Vbulletin because they had amazing 3Rd party plugin makers but this issue with this update after waiting so long is most likely slowly driving me away... All most all of my favorite products will most likely be disabled for months due to these issues...

Comment

• taz112768
      • Feb 2008
      • 3.8.x

well upgrade went perfect now cant even reach site get this error!!!

Warning: require(..../dbtech/vbshout/hooks/init_startup.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in ..../includes/init.php(351) : eval()'d code on line 132

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/guysandd/public_html/forums/vb4/dbtech/vbshout/hooks/init_startup.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/guysandd/public_html/forums/vb4/includes/init.php(351) : eval()'d code on line 132

Comment

• taz112768
        • Feb 2008
        • 3.8.x

Can someone help me out site has been down for 8 hrs now!!!!

Comment

• weave
          • Jul 2011
          • 4.1.x

Did you read this? http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...-been-released

#4 is what most of us (who are "fixed") did to get there

Comment

• Jamsoft
            • Jun 2011

Thanks for that, BUT, i think there is still an issue:

if (!error_reporting() OR !ini_get('display_errors'))
            {
            return;
            }

Thats the code that decides whether or not to show WARNINGS, like the date warning popping up everywhere. On my system, "display_errors" is set to "Off", so !ini_get('display_errors') is not a valid test. So even though I have display_errors turned off in my php.ini (as the thread instructs), the errors still show. Unless I am misreading my php, of course.

Comment

• Jamsoft
              • Jun 2011

To be clear, ini_get() returns the exact string set in your php.ini. So in the above test, it returns the string "Off". In most conditions, it will read as "On" or "Off". So checking it as a boolean wont detect "On" vs "off". Perhaps the test should be something more like:

if (!error_reporting() OR strtolower(ini_get('display_errors')) != 'on') {
              return;
              }

So it only prints the warnings if error reporting is not disabled, and display_errors is set to "on", "On", or "ON".

Comment

• weave
                • Jul 2011
                • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Jamsoft
                Thanks for that, BUT, i think there is still an issue:

if (!error_reporting() OR !ini_get('display_errors'))
                {
                return;
                }

Thats the code that decides whether or not to show WARNINGS, like the date warning popping up everywhere. On my system, "display_errors" is set to "Off", so !ini_get('display_errors') is not a valid test. So even though I have display_errors turned off in my php.ini (as the thread instructs), the errors still show. Unless I am misreading my php, of course.
                The suggestions for php.ini do not work as far as error suppression. You need to edit the class_core.php

You need to access your files and edit the lines they instructed. The location is inside the includes folder of your forum in class_core.php - lines 5683-5685

Code:
                case E_NOTICE:
                case E_STRICT:
                case E_DEPRECATED:
                // Just ignore these completely
                // break;
                As for time, in php.ini add these in.

Code:
                [Date]
                ; Defines the default timezone used by the date functions
                ; http://php.net/date.timezone
                date.timezone = America/New_York
                Replace "America/New_York" with the right one for you....which you can find here. http://php.net/manual/en/timezones.america.php

Comment

• Jamsoft
                  • Jun 2011

Weave,

The php code above is IN the class_core. Checking ini_get() as a boolean is causing warnings to still be displayed, even though display_errors is set to "Off".

Though, I will tell you I did get the errors to go away on their own as well. I was set to:

date.timezone = 'America/New_York'

And it needed double quotes instead:

date.timezone = "America/New_York"

Comment

• fords8
                    • Feb 2005
                    • 4.0.x

There is one file that I didn't upload and I don't get any of the errors. Once I uploaded it, I get the errors. Put the older file from 4.2.1 back in and everything is fine. I have to wait till I go home to post which file it was. The errors I was getting were from a dragonbyte-tech mod also. I think he is working very hard to fix them.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...