X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheComputerGuy
    • Apr 2001

Forum vs Publishing Suite Install

I've bought a new site that was running just the forum version of vB 4.1.x

I'd like to move it to 4.2.x latest for security reasons but the forum license was not included. I have a 4 series license and would like to upgrade it but it's only the publishing suite. Does that matter? I don't want the publishing suite...and to be honest I've never installed vB4 minus a few test sites I did.
  • beishe8
    • Oct 2005
    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by TheComputerGuy
    I've bought a new site that was running just the forum version of vB 4.1.x

I'd like to move it to 4.2.x latest for security reasons but the forum license was not included. I have a 4 series license and would like to upgrade it but it's only the publishing suite. Does that matter? I don't want the publishing suite...and to be honest I've never installed vB4 minus a few test sites I did.
    IMO upgrade your new site to it then disable the Blog and CMS.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• TheComputerGuy
      • Apr 2001

interesting.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

If you bought over a vB4 license, you should have access to all versions of vB4 Forum without the need to upgrade a license. If you open a ticket we can check the actual license and see why you don't have access to newer version of the forum only.
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...