Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anders P
    • Feb 2002

[Suite] Upgrading from 3.6 to 4.2 and wants to move site to the root

I have just gotten involved in a site that the previous owners hadn't upgraded in a long time, so we are now going to upgrade.

As it says in subject line we are going to upgrade from 3.6.8 to 4.2.1.
    Today the forum is located in the forum folder www.domain.com/forum/ but I would like to move it to the root, to have the "cms" in the root and only the forum in the forum folder, we might choose to also use the blog later.

So anything I need to think of when doing this upgrade?
    (Will of course trying to do a test upgrade first, at least locally)

/Anders
    Anders Pettersson
    Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
    If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
    Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.
  • Hartmut
    • Nov 2007
    • 4.2.x

Go into AdminCP -> Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details -> Forum URL and change the URL, then close the forum. Move the files to root and then open your forum again. That should atleast be it with moving within the folders. Before you run an upgrade to 4.2.1, you should upgrade to the latest stable 3.8.x version first and then to 4.2.x afterwards.

Before you move/upgrade, please create working backups of your database and FTP content.
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• Anders P
      • Feb 2002

Originally posted by Hartmut
      Go into AdminCP -> Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details -> Forum URL and change the URL, then close the forum. Move the files to root and then open your forum again. That should atleast be it with moving within the folders. Before you run an upgrade to 4.2.1, you should upgrade to the latest stable 3.8.x version first and then to 4.2.x afterwards.

Before you move/upgrade, please create working backups of your database and FTP content.
      Thanks, pretty much what I thought, just wanted to be sure.

/Anders
      Anders Pettersson
      Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
      If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
      Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.

Comment

• Anders P
        • Feb 2002

Ok, I am in the process of doing an test upgrade, on the same server as the live board, but in a separate folder and a test database.

Got to upgrade_380a2.php?step=3 and then got this:
        Step 3) Group Discussion Conversions
        Database error
        The "domain" database has encountered a problem.
        • Updating groupmessage table
        • Altering index on groupmessage
        • Altering groupmessage Table (1 of 1)
        • Creating index for groupmessage
        • Creating fulltext index for groupmessage

the error message says:

Database error in vBulletin 3.7.1:

Invalid SQL:

ALTER TABLE groupmessage
        TYPE = MYISAM;

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE = MYISAM' at line 2
        Error Number : 1064
        Request Date : Saturday, July 27th 2013 @ 06:22:06 PM
        Error Date : Saturday, July 27th 2013 @ 06:22:06 PM
        Script : http://www.domain.com/testforum/inst...0a2.php?step=3
        Referrer : http://www.domain.com/testforum/inst...0a2.php?step=3
        IP Address : xx.xxx.xx.xx
        Username :
        Classname : vB_Database
        MySQL Version : 5.5.18

Any ideas on how to fix this?

/Anders
        Anders Pettersson

Comment

• Anders P
          • Feb 2002

I just took another database backup and tried to run the upgrade locally (using EasyPHP on my desktop).
          I got the same error on the same step.

/Anders
          Anders Pettersson

Comment

• Anders P
            • Feb 2002

additional info, since I tried to just skip that step and go ahead anyway (on the test database of course) but got yet another error (that I lost since the copy/paste messed up). Did contninue to the 4.x upgrade and there it got stock on "Processing Blog, step 17 of 18" and this error message:
            Code:

Invalid SQL:  ### INSERT QUERY GENERATED BY fetch_query_sql() ### INSERT INTO plugin 	(`active`, `executionorder`, `title`, `hookname`, `phpcode`, `product`) VALUES 	('1', '5', 'Admin DM: Blog Permission Field', 'admindata_start', '$this->validfields[\'blogpermissions\'] = array(TYPE_UINT, REQ_NO);', 'vbblog');  File '.\ebudo_test_localhost\plugin.MYD' not found (Errcode: 2)]]></error> 	<error_html><![CDATA[<p>Database error in vBulletin 4.2.1</p> <p>Invalid SQL:  ### INSERT QUERY GENERATED BY fetch_query_sql() ### INSERT INTO plugin 	(`active`, `executionorder`, `title`, `hookname`, `phpcode`, `product`) VALUES 	('1', '5', 'Admin DM: Blog Permission Field', 'admindata_start', '$this->validfields[\'blogpermissions\'] = array(TYPE_UINT, REQ_NO);', 'vbblog');<p> <p> <strong>MySQL Error</strong>   : File '.\ebudo_test_localhost\plugin.MYD' not found (Errcode: 2)<br /> <strong>Error Number</strong>  : 29<br /> <strong>Request Date</strong>  : Sunday, July 28th 2013 @ 10:35:36 AM<br /> <strong>Error Date</strong>    : Sunday, July 28th 2013 @ 10:35:42 AM<br /> <strong>Script</strong>        : http://127.0.0.1/e-budotest/install/upgrade.php<br /> <strong>Referrer</strong>      : http://127.0.0.1/e-budotest/install/upgrade.php<br /> <strong>Classname</strong>     : vB_Database<br /> <strong>MySQL Version</strong> : 5.5.16-log<br /> </p>]]></error_html> </errors>
            This got me thinking and when I look in the 3.6.8 admin CP (the version we are running) there is a plugin called ajax.
            Should this be there? will it help if I delete that before the upgrade? I didn't know this was there.

/Anders
            Anders Pettersson

Comment

• Hartmut
              • Nov 2007
              • 4.2.x

Hm, I don't believe that this plugin should be there, what is the content of it?

The first error message could be that you database doesn't support type=myisam but expects engine=myisam.

Does the upgrade go further when you refresh the screen?

Comment

• Anders P
                • Feb 2002

Actually when I try to look at that plugin (click on edit) my antivirus program stops this and warn for a trojan.

When I tried to refresh it ws just stuck, but I could change the url to the next step and move on, but as I wrote above, got other errors.
                But since the only product is vBulletin 3.6.8 I guess I could delete the plugin called ajax?
                Anders Pettersson

Comment

• Anders P
                  • Feb 2002

The first error message could be that you database doesn't support type=myisam but expects engine=myisam.
                  OK, and how would one fix that?
                  I am relatively familiar with vBulletin itself, but don't really know much about mysql (or php).
                  Anders Pettersson

Comment

• Hartmut
                    • Nov 2007
                    • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Anders P
                    Actually when I try to look at that plugin (click on edit) my antivirus program stops this and warn for a trojan.

When I tried to refresh it ws just stuck, but I could change the url to the next step and move on, but as I wrote above, got other errors.
                    But since the only product is vBulletin 3.6.8 I guess I could delete the plugin called ajax?
                    Yes, delete that plugin for now. This doesn't sound good at all of what happened with it. When you keep running into this errors, could you restore the database back to 3.6 and try a direct upgrade to 4.2.1 then?

Comment

• Anders P
                      • Feb 2002

Yes, delete that plugin for now. This doesn't sound good at all of what happened with it. When you keep running into this errors, could you restore the database back to 3.6 and try a direct upgrade to 4.2.1 then?
                      I had a look in the dump file and it definitely seems that this is from some hack attempt, there were some reference to websites that definitely was not good. So I will delete that.

Do you think I could upgrade directly to the 4.2.1 from 3.6.8 with out doing the upgrade to 3.8.7 first?
                      I have actually tried to skip the error on the live server (but test forum) and this time it didn't stop on the "processing blog step 17" as it did on my local computer. Now on 98% and on "Processing XML, Step 4 of 9", maybe it will run through.
                      Anders Pettersson

Comment