• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brihan
    • Feb 2006
    • 3.5.x

[Forum] Creating Test Server Error & Questions

Hi,

I am running 3.6.5 and am trying to move it to a test server before upgrading to 4.1.3

So all I want to do for now is make a duplicate BB in a test directory so that I know it works prior to upgrading to 4.1.3

Here is what I have done.

1) I have backed up my database and restored it to a new database (all went well)

2) I have copied all my VB files into a new folder called testvb

3) I have edited the config.php file to point to the new database location and file locations.

When I try to go to the board or access the ACP I get the following error.

Fatal error: Corrupted encoded data detected in /xxx/xxx/xxx/testvb/vbseo.php on line 0
    I tried deleting the file and uploading again. That did not work and I tried just deleting the file and that gave me another error.

I know I need to disable all plugins before upgrading to 4.1.3 but do I need to (or should I) disable plugins prior to backing up the database and moving the files to the new directory?

Thank you very much for any help you can provide.

Brian
    ===========
    Brian
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

That error is for vBSEO. You need to contact them about this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...