X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bmn
    • Sep 2005
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] plain text view in subdirectory

I made a test upgrade on my forum and even it works when i copy all vb4 files to root directory of my web server, i am getting a plain text like forum page when i try to run it in subdirectory. I tried to edit config.php and change the value of forum path but did not worked. What can be the problem? I want to see it in my test environment and after made some changes especially on templates & images, i will take it to LIVE.
    The problematic view can be found in http://forum.bordomavi.net/vb4
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

That happens when you have the wrong forum URL setting. You need to set the correct forum URL here:

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details -> Forum URL

The other possibility is that you are storing stylesheets in the file system but there is something wrong with the permissions. If the first option doesn't work, try setting this:

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Style & Language Settings -> Store CSS Stylesheets as Files? -> No
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• bmn
      • Sep 2005
      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      That happens when you have the wrong forum URL setting. You need to set the correct forum URL here:

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details -> Forum URL

The other possibility is that you are storing stylesheets in the file system but there is something wrong with the permissions. If the first option doesn't work, try setting this:

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Style & Language Settings -> Store CSS Stylesheets as Files? -> No
      Steve, did i said you are great before.
      Thanks for the solution. Changing forum url solved my problem.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Glad to here it.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...