X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chips
    • Mar 2009
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Mobile Style Detection Settings

In the upgrade announcement it said to enable the mobile settings (in settings) and set the auto detect function. Where are the auto-detect settings found? Only thing I have found is what style to show mobile browsers. Is there another place for setting the auto-detect?

Also, Once you select the mobile style (as a visitor or member) there is no way to revert back to your main style unless you log out, change the settings in adminCP for "allow users to select style".
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

The auto-detect is done in the init.php file. The settings tell the site what to do if they detect a mobile device.

You can get back to your style by going to the home page (click on logo) and clicking on Full Site at the bottom of the page.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Chips
      • Mar 2009
      • 4.1.x

Are you speaking of the init.php in forum/install directory? And what values need to be added or changed? I saw nothing in there regarding mobile or auto detecting.

Tried the logo click then clicking Full Site and it does not change the style. It just refreshes to the mobile theme.

Comment

• steve1966
        • May 2007

Tried the logo click then clicking Full Site and it does not change the style. It just refreshes to the mobile theme.
        same for me

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Chips
          Are you speaking of the init.php in forum/install directory? And what values need to be added or changed? I saw nothing in there regarding mobile or auto detecting.
          I am talking about the one in /includes.

Have you tried disabling all your plugins to see if it is a modification causing the issue with Full Site not working?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Chips
            • Mar 2009
            • 4.1.x

Ok, file located section covering mobile found, what settings do you change? Is it just change the statements here to true?

Code:
            // Test mobile browser
            $mobile_browser = false;
            $mobile_browser_advanced = false;
            Tested the styles here and it does revert back. Will disable mods to see if that changes the error.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
              vBulletin Support
              • Aug 2002
              • 5.7.X

Have you edited the settings in AdminCP > Settings > Options > Style & Language Settings?
              Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Chips
                • Mar 2009
                • 4.1.x

Yes. I set them both (new and old mobile). Then tested via my smart phone. It did not render in mobile style, just the default (custom) template.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Aug 2002
                  • 5.7.X

Please fill out a support ticket at:

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.
                  Vote for:

Comment

• Chips
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
                    Please fill out a support ticket at:

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.
                    All I am asking for for is what settings in the init.php file need changed. Can't someone just post it?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                      vBulletin Support
                      • Aug 2002
                      • 5.7.X

Sorry, we cannot support the modifying of the vBulletin code. However, as many others are getting it to work OK, it sounds like there is an issue with your setup. If you wish us to look at it further, then you need to follow instructions given previously.
                      Vote for:

Comment

• Chips
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 4.1.x

Originally Posted by IBxAnders
                        HOW TO INSTALL AND CONFIGURE THE NEW MOBILE STYLE:

1) Go to your [AdminCP]

2) Go to [STYLES & TEMPLATES]

3) Click [DOWNLOAD / UPLOAD STYLES]

4) In IMPORT STYLE XML, change XML IMPORT FROM SERVER path and IMPORT.
                        PHP Code:
                        ./install/vbulletin-mobile-style.xml

5) Go to vBulletin [SETTINGS]

6) Edit [STYLE & LANGUAGE] settings

7) Adjust settings for the new MOBILE STYLE options, including DETECTION settings.
                        This is what is posted in the upgrade announcement. Look at number 7, what DETECTION settings need adjusted? That is my question. Or, am I reading too much into it and once I allow user select and specify what style to show Modern and Old phones, is that it?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                          vBulletin Support
                          • Aug 2002
                          • 5.7.X

That's the settings I asked about in post 7. Do you allow users to select styles?
                          Vote for:

Comment

• Chips
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
                            That's the settings I asked about in post 7. Do you allow users to select styles?
                            Yes.

Having read some other posts in other forums here I realize the only settings to change are in the admincp. The way the post was written it mentions detection settings however, that is very ambiguous as there is no verbiage in the settings that use the word "Detection".

To recap then, select the style to show Default Style for Modern Mobile Browsers = Mobile Style, select to show Old mobile browsers = Mobile style. Then scroll down and select "Allow Users To Change Styles" to Yes. And you are done... no other changes need to be made.

Correct?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                              vBulletin Support
                              • Aug 2002
                              • 5.7.X

Yes, correct.
                              Vote for:

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...