Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Illuvatar
    • May 2002

[Suite] Upgrade Aborted - Module: vbcms, Step 19 Error

Am upgrading from plain 3.8.1 to 4.1 with Publishing Suite and had the files created to do the "How to install CMS in Root, Forums in subdirectory" as well. At 97% the upgrade script prompted the question as to whether I wanted to load the default CMS and if so to provide a Username or Skip. I didn't see any mention of that in the instructions so I put in my forum admin username of Illuvatar and clicked okay.

The update aborted with the following error:
    Error loading image '37262.jpg':Could not find phrase 'upload_attachfull_total'.
    Error loading image '37536.png':Could not find phrase 'upload_attachfull_total'.
    Error loading image '37609.png':Could not find phrase 'upload_attachfull_total'.
    Error loading image '37539.png':Could not find phrase 'upload_attachfull_total'.
    Error loading image '37540.png':Could not find phrase 'upload_attachfull_total'.
    Error loading image '37615.png':Could not find phrase 'upload_attachfull_total'.
    Error loading image '37614.png':Could not find phrase 'upload_attachfull_total'.
    Error loading image '37647.jpg':Could not find phrase 'upload_attachfull_total'.
    Could not find attachmentid 37647

I opened up a support ticket with the same but have not gotten a response so wanted to ask for help here as well.

Do I need to restore the DB and forum files at this point and start over? If so, what do I do when I get to that CMS question again?

Help is appreciated.....thanks!
    All who wander are not lost.
    - JRR Tolkien -
  • Illuvatar
    • May 2002

Just an FYI....out of curiosity I checked to see if the Admin panel was working and strangly enough it is. There are however these items on the CP home page
    For Your Information
    Administrator Attention Required
    Could not find phrase 'after_upgrade_40_add_thread_keywords'.

Administrator Attention Required
    Could not find phrase 'after_upgrade_40_rebuild_search_index'.
    And if I click on the button, it goes through the threads and then completes.....but.....does that mean that the upgrade is completed? *is confused*
    - JRR Tolkien -

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

It looks like your phrases/language hasn't been updated. The first phrase, upload_attachfull_total, should be telling you something about exceeding a quota. I would guess that you either don't allow users to upload attachments or you have a low value set and that username has now exceeded it. I suppose you could try getting into your admincp and then changing the quota and then continuing the install, but I'm not sure if it will go back and add those images for you. You may just have the CMS example articles installed with missing images. That probably won't matter since most users just delete those articles anyway.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Illuvatar
        • May 2002

Hello Lynne...thanks for getting back to me....Steve actually got back to me in the trouble ticket as well. While I did up the quota and made sure that Admins had no restrictions in regards to images, the solution was to rebuild the language file and restart the upgrade.

It required a re-upload of the vbulletin-language.xml file, then a rebuild of that file using the tools.Phip file and then the executing the upgrade.php file again which I was very pleased when it started exactly where it left off and complete without any further issues.

I am now on my way to re-apply all of our custom styles, etc. and configure me a CMS!

Thanks Steve for your most excellent support as always! *bows low*
        - JRR Tolkien -

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...