Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jason92s
    • Apr 2009
    • 3.8.x

[Forum] Problems After Upgrading to 4.1.1.

We receive about 45 template revert/upgrade errors after going from 4.0.5 (I think that was the number) to 4.1.1. If a user clicks on the Forums link, then a specific forum, they only see a large blue box where the message should be. Any ideas? Thanks.

Can I just shut the site down again and reupload all the files? I reverted the changes in the default template and that didn't change anything. If I reupload, do I need to run the upgrade script again?

I'm attaching a screenshot.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	forum.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	3719937

EDIT: The threads are there (I viewed the page source), they just appear to be hidden behind something.
    Last edited by Jason92s; Tue 8 Feb '11, 6:45am. Reason: Problem solved.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

You need to revert all those modified templates.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Jason92s
      • Apr 2009
      • 3.8.x

Steve, do I need to revert them for every template? I reverted them for the default style and 2 other templates that are being used, and the problem is still there.

EDIT: Went ahead and reverted them all. Still can't see threads. I can provide a test account if someone would like to view our site.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Yes, all custom templates for all styles.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Jason92s
          • Apr 2009
          • 3.8.x

Since that didn't do anything, should I upload the 4.1.1 files again?

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

What didn't do what?

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog and vB CMS if you are running the Suite.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
            Last edited by Steve Machol; Mon 7 Feb '11, 6:16pm.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Jason92s
              • Apr 2009
              • 3.8.x

Ok dumb question but I don't want to screw this up. After I upload the 4.1.1 files DO NOT run the upgrade script correct? Thanks again for your help.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

If you are already at 4.1.1, then there is no need to run the upgrade script.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Jason92s
                  • Apr 2009
                  • 3.8.x

Ok dumb question but I don't want to screw this up. After I upload the 4.1.1 files DO NOT run the upgrade script correct? Thanks again for your help.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

Originally posted by Jason92s
                    Answered in post #9.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Jason92s
                      • Apr 2009
                      • 3.8.x

Sorry for double post. Using iPhone app and couldn't find a way to delete/edit the duplicate.

Comment

• Jason92s
                        • Apr 2009
                        • 3.8.x

I've attached the diagnostics results.

diagnostic.pdf

Comment

• Jason92s
                          • Apr 2009
                          • 3.8.x

I followed all of your steps and after creating the new style, it looks like things are still the same. Here's a new screen shot. The thread list is still missing.

What can I try next? Thank you.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Jason92s; Mon 7 Feb '11, 6:00pm.

Comment

• Lynne
                            Former vBulletin Support
                            • Oct 2004

Did you upload all the images because I see at least a couple of missing images in that screen cap.

Can we get a link to see this?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Jason92s
                              • Apr 2009
                              • 3.8.x

Hi Lynne, yeah, I had to go back and upload them in binary. I found something that may be of use. I did a "View Source" of one of the pages, saved it as an html file, and uploaded it to the "forums" directory. I found the following line:

<div id="threadlist" class="threadlist">

If I remove it, then save the html file and reload it, things are back to normal. If it's there, the thread listing is hidden.

Here's a link to one of the open forum sections on the site: http://www.elkgrove-laguna.net/forum...usiness-Owners

Thank you!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...