X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ricker
    • Jun 2003
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] VB4 Upgrade on Test Site, Login Failing

Hey everyone, I am looking to get VB4 installed AND move servers. So I downloaded 4, added define('DISABLE_MAIL', 1); define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true); to the config, moved the database successfully, upgraded and everything has run fine. I cleared my cookies and history, relaunched the browser and for the life of me I can't get logged in to the admincp (I didn't change the name of that folder on either server).

Any help?

The only odd thing to note is that my "test url" from the new host is sort of wacky. But I've gotten other scripts to run just fine...

Thanks so much.
    MyJeepRocks!
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

This is probably a cookie domain/path issue. To fix this, upload the tools.php script in the 'do_not_upload' folder of the vB zip file to your Admin CP directory and run it from your browser. Use this to reset the cookie domain and path back to the defaults. And then leave your cookie domain and path at the default settings. There is no reason to change these. If you need to specify a unique cookie, use the cookie prefix setting in config.php instead.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ricker
      • Jun 2003
      • 3.6.x

I forgot to mention what's happening: I just get redirected to the admin log in screen.
      MyJeepRocks!

Comment

• ricker
        • Jun 2003
        • 3.6.x

Thanks, I"ll try that.
        MyJeepRocks!

Comment

• ricker
          • Jun 2003
          • 3.6.x

THANK YOU so much. Worked.
          MyJeepRocks!

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

Glad to hear it.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...