Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • decafdev
    • Mar 2010

[Forum] Upgrade Error (vbblog)

I uninstalled vBBlog on my current forum. I attempted to upgrade to 4.1.0 and get this error:

An error has occurred. Please contact vBulletin Support for assistance.

Module: vbblog, Step 1 Error.

The following dependencies were not met: This product is not compatible with version 4.1.0 of vBulletin. (Compatible starting with 4.0.0 alpha 1 / Incompatible with 4.1.0 alpha 1 and greater)
    Personally i wouldnt mind having vBBlog back on my site now but either way i just want it to upgrade my forum. Can anyone help?
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Remove all blog files including the product-vbblog.xml filr from the includes/xml directory and re-try.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• decafdev
      • Mar 2010

Thanx that worked and i was able to upgrade to vB4.1 successfully. Now is there a way to re-install the vBBlog product? I need it back now lol.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

Re-upload all the files and then import the Blog XML file via AdminCP > Plugins & Products > Manage Products
        Vote for:

Comment

• aspen
          • Jun 2000

how to upgrade vbblog

I was going to upgrade one of my 3.x forums to 4.x (suite) today. This forum has vbblog attached to it.

I was going to download the newest version of vbblog, but in the members area it says this is not compatible with 4.0, so now I'm confused.

Then, I search the forums, and find this thread, which seems to indicate that yes it is compatible. But I have to remove it first.

What is unclear is if my members would lose their blog posts and settings, I would hope not, that would piss them off.

I would like some upgrade instructions if possible.

From what I gather I need to uninstall the plugin, remove all files, then upload and upgrade vb, then reinstall the plugin? And... everything will still be there... or ?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

The Blog is included within the Suite - no need to download and upgrade separately. The above user has a specific problem which needed that action however you should be able to upgrade OK.
            Vote for:

Comment

• DannyITR
              • Jan 2002

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
              Remove all blog files including the product-vbblog.xml filr from the includes/xml directory and re-try.
              Is there a list of these files somewhere? I deleted a few of the ones that said blog but I want to be sure.
              Danny
              My Site ---->www.montrealracing.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...