X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BenWells
    • Nov 2009
    • 3.8.x

[Suite] upgrade 4.02 to 4.1 questions

I'm mentally preparing to do the upgrade to 4.1 from 4.02. I have PhotoPost, as well as a bunch of added mods from vb.org (including the vbmediawiki integration hack). If I upgrade, will I need to reinstall my mods? Will the PhotoPost cause any problems?
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

You should check with each of the mod authors to check compatibility with 4.1 before upgrading. There have been a number of changes since 4.0.2 so some may not work or work as they did previously without an upgrade themselves.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• maximutt
      • Feb 2008
      • 4.0.x

If you depend on your mods, your best bet is to wait until your mods have been updated to function on 4.1 before performing the upgrade.

I'm doing the same upgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.1. and some of my mods haven't been updated since vB3.
      I'm going to uninstall all my mods first, then upgrade, reinstall and cross my fingers, as usual.

Comment

• BenWells
        • Nov 2009
        • 3.8.x

so, if I were to upgrade, it could break some mods, but it won't make them dissapear right?

Comment

• dai-kun
          • Jul 2005

It'll still be there in your database, working or not is the issue.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...