Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NokStar
    • Apr 2006

[Suite] Search indexing

I upgraded from 3.8.4 to 4.0.6 and i have a large forum with many millions of posts and 300k members.
    Search was not working so i tried to update indexes from the script and it gave timeouts.
    So i ran searchindex.php copied from do_not_upload folder in shell.
    I emptied the index and allowed it to index from 0, All working fine and it was running for around 10 hours and at the last it says "Re-Enabling indexes and repairing tables, please stand by ..."
    After that SSH session got disconnected saying connection lost. I checked running 2nd time and same thing happens.

How to go through this final step?
    I checked the script code and this last part giving trouble.

//////////////
    if ($disableindex)
    {
    echo('Re-Enabling indexes and repairing tables, please stand by ... ');
    $db->query_write("ALTER TABLE " . TABLE_PREFIX . "searchcore ENABLE KEYS");
    $db->query_write("ALTER TABLE " . TABLE_PREFIX . "searchcore_text ENABLE KEYS");
    $db->query_write("ALTER TABLE " . TABLE_PREFIX . "searchgroup ENABLE KEYS");
    $db->query_write("ALTER TABLE " . TABLE_PREFIX . "searchgroup_text ENABLE KEYS");
    echo("$vbphrase[done]\n");
    }
    $totalend = microtime(true);
    ////////////////////

I tried to run this using PhpMyadmin
    from phpmyadmin,
    ALTER TABLE searchcore ENABLE KEYS ran fine. but never said done, or any message saying completed. Is it ok? i tried several times same thing.

Aftar ALTER TABLE searchcore_tex ENABLE KEYS ran and it was running for like 15 mins and gave time out.

What can i do?
  • NokStar
    • Apr 2006

any help?

Comment

• HydraulicJack
      • Feb 2007
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by NokStar
      any help?
      Best bet would be to post a support ticket about it.

But I would sure like to know their response, so maybe once you get the resolution you could come back here and post the fix.
      Please keep up... til you're ready to lead!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...