X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rakehel
    • Dec 2005
    • 5.5.x

[Forum] Upgrade scenario

I've been reading through a lot of the upgrade posts and I'm not clear regarding the answers.

We're currently running vB 3.85. Is it possible to perform an upgrade directly to vB 4 (or 4.01, etc?) using the vB 4.0 software that we purchased some time ago?

Will the instructions that came with vB 4.0 be complete enough to go through this process? We have to disable all current modifications first, correct? And then it's unlikely that any of them will function with vB 4.0?

Can we upgrade directly from vB3.85 to vB 4.06? Or will we have to upgrade to vB4, then 4.01, 4.02, etc?

Thanks for any insight.
  • borbole
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Rakehel
    I've been reading through a lot of the upgrade posts and I'm not clear regarding the answers.

We're currently running vB 3.85. Is it possible to perform an upgrade directly to vB 4 (or 4.01, etc?) using the vB 4.0 software that we purchased some time ago?

Will the instructions that came with vB 4.0 be complete enough to go through this process? We have to disable all current modifications first, correct? And then it's unlikely that any of them will function with vB 4.0?

Can we upgrade directly from vB3.85 to vB 4.06? Or will we have to upgrade to vB4, then 4.01, 4.02, etc?

Thanks for any insight.
    Yes, you can upgrade directly to any version of vb 4.0x that you would like to. However it is recommended that you upgrade tot he latest version for security reasons.

You are correct again in regard to the disable of the mods prior to the upgrade.

Comment

• Rakehel
      • Dec 2005
      • 5.5.x

Thank you borbole. We're making sure we have everything in order and all the info we need prior to beginning the upgrade. I also stumbled on the upgrade pages in the new CMS here, so hopefully we'll have enough info for an upgrade.

I think that owners have let vB know how we feel, so they should have enough of their own input to work with, or ignore, and continue growing or not.

Comment