Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • indyonline
    • Feb 2010

[Forum] forum colors?

I'm trying to use the style generator that comes with vB but I want to use specific colors. I don't see where I can enter a specific color just a way to drag the thing around the color chart. Is there a way to enter a specific color number (#003366)

or can I edit the default template colors and where could I find the template files in my file manager?

Thanks in advance.
    sigpic
    My Blog
  • HydraulicJack
    • Feb 2007
    • 3.8.x

Yes I want to make sure that colors can be selected by specific number. Analog selection of a color chart is insufficient.
    Please keep up... til you're ready to lead!

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
      vBulletin Support
      • Aug 2002
      • 5.7.X

Originally posted by indyonline
      I'm trying to use the style generator that comes with vB but I want to use specific colors. I don't see where I can enter a specific color just a way to drag the thing around the color chart. Is there a way to enter a specific color number (#003366)

or can I edit the default template colors and where could I find the template files in my file manager?

Thanks in advance.
      It's not currently possible to enter the codes directly.

You will need to edit any style generated via AdminCP > Style Manager > [StyleVars].

Templates themselves can be edited via AdminCP > Style Manager > [Edit Templates]
      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• HydraulicJack
        • Feb 2007
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
        It's not currently possible to enter the codes directly.
        Pathetic. Fool's Gold, 8 months later.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
          vBulletin Support
          • Aug 2002
          • 5.7.X

The Style Generator was added in a later release to make it easier for those with little CSS/coding knowledge to quickly create alternative styles, it was never intended as a tool for advanced style development.
          Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• HydraulicJack
            • Feb 2007
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
            The Style Generator was added in a later release to make it easier for those with little CSS/coding knowledge to quickly create alternative styles, it was never intended as a tool for advanced style development.
            Being able to set colors by using the specific number is not "advanced" in a commercial environment. It's ludicrous to try to pick colors only on an analog color wheel and expect to have any consistency at all.

My tuppence.

Sure looking forward to REAL Gold... some day, since IB's had my cash (based on their promise of Gold by December 2009) since November of last year. Congratulations on the doubled stock price btw.

Comment

• indyonline
              • Feb 2010

Thank you all. I have got it figured out. Now if I could just figure out how to add a background image I'll be doing alright.
              Thanks again everyone for your input.
              sigpic
              My Blog

Comment

• Budget101
                • Jul 2008
                • 3.7.x

Originally posted by hydraulicjack

sure looking forward to real gold... Some day, since ib's had my cash (based on their promise of gold by december 2009) since november of last year. Congratulations on the doubled stock price btw.
                touche'

Comment